Question on paper to line wooden molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pepsi Girl ...... Where did you get that large sheet I see some on Amazon but they are smaller and pretty expensive :(

I searched it on line and found a place called professional plastics! I don't remember what it cost and I'm the first to admit I'm completely spoiled, but to never line another mold with freezer paper... I thought it was worth the price.

Pepsi Girl do you remember what thickness you went with? Since I use a 2 and 4 lb mold I can go with the individual 24 x 48 sheet but not sure what thickness to purchase. I like how yours keeps the creased folds.

Pepsi Girl do you remember what thickness you went with? Since I use a 2 and 4 lb mold I can go with the individual 24 x 48 sheet but not sure what thickness to purchase. I like how yours keeps the creased folds.

I went with the .003
It feels thick but be careful when you score it I cut one of mine. Having said that I would not go thicker.

I have used a very similar thing to line Pringle's cans. It's something I use for my leather work. I got a roll of it at Tandy leather and they call it vellum. Mine looks more like what is in the picture showing the liner that has end pieces. It works great and is thick enough to clean and reuse. I did not CPOP with it, but I have done HP and molded the hot soap in it with no problems.

I have used a very similar thing to line Pringle's cans. It's something I use for my leather work. I got a roll of it at Tandy leather and they call it vellum. Mine looks more like what is in the picture showing the liner that has end pieces. It works great and is thick enough to clean and reuse. I did not CPOP with it, but I have done HP and molded the hot soap in it with no problems.

:thumbup:Yes, the vellum is similar, it's thinner so I'm not sure it will hold the crease as nice. I'm also not sure how heat resistant it is. My husband has some in his leather shop, I may "borrow" some and try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back