Sunless Tanning Shave Scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
So this is for all the girls who are, like me, cursed with being pasty white.

I actually use this on my legs and underarms in replacement of shaving cream. Leaves skin feeling silky smoothed and my shave always seems to last a little longer.

Mix enough sugar and oil of your choice to make a paste (I usually mix enough to make about a cup so I get a couple of uses).
Add 1 Tbps lemon juice.
Add 1 tsp vanilla extract (or to smell).
Add 1/2 to 1 Tbsp coffee grounds (Used coffee grounds provide less coloring but also less coffee smell, whereas fresh coffee grounds provide more coloring but with a stronger coffee smell).
Mix all ingredients until equally incorporated.

To use: Whole taking a shower or bath, scrub firmly the areas to be shaved until sugar dissolves. Rinse any remaining coffee grounds off. Then, shave with some pressure. You'll notice that a grey goop is collecting in your razor. That's dead skin cells. Rinse your razor every few strokes. Proceed with bathing as usual.

The coffee grounds give a temporary tanned appearance to the skin. And claims have been made that caffeine can help improve the appearance of cellulite.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back