What they've been saying is so true!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skatergirl46

Soaper on wheels
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The soaping veterans around here will tell you to make sure your soap gets a proper cure and boy are they right! I got out a bar from a batch I made almost 6 months ago and used it in my shower. I love it! It's one that I colored with ground Annatto and it turned a color that I didn't find very pleasing, so I put it into a box for my family to use. Now I don't want to share it! I can really tell how it has mellowed and dried over time. The recipe is 30% OO and nicely conditioning. BTW this batch was HP. Most of my batches have been HP and curing does make a difference with HP also. :grin:

I think a batch of Bastile is in order!

Excellent news :D

Yip I must agree Skatergirl. A good cure makes it all so much more worth while. Sometimes I DO wish I could fast forward time so I can see what my soap is gonna be like though!! hehehe

be good

kerry
;)

The soaping veterans around here will tell you to make sure your soap gets a proper cure and boy are they right! I got out a bar from a batch I made almost 6 months ago and used it in my shower. I love it! It's one that I colored with ground Annatto and it turned a color that I didn't find very pleasing, so I put it into a box for my family to use. Now I don't want to share it! I can really tell how it has mellowed and dried over time. The recipe is 30% OO and nicely conditioning. BTW this batch was HP. Most of my batches have been HP and curing does make a difference with HP also. :grin:

I think a batch of Bastile is in order!

I agree! There is nothing like a good long cure!

Latest posts

Back