Local sources for bentonite clay

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapest off brand name cat litter at Walmart (Special Kitty: Natural Cat Litter, 25 Lb) is bentonite clay and only $4.06.

Here's the specs.: Special Kitty Scoopable Fragrance Free Clumping Cat Litter is formulated of safe and natural ingredients and contains natural bentonite clay. Litter granules expand when wet and form clumps that will not break apart even during sifting, scooping or your cat's scratching.

The cheapest off brand name cat litter at Walmart (Special Kitty: Natural Cat Litter, 25 Lb) is bentonite clay and only $4.06.

Here's the specs.: Special Kitty Scoopable Fragrance Free Clumping Cat Litter is formulated of safe and natural ingredients and contains natural bentonite clay. Litter granules expand when wet and form clumps that will not break apart even during sifting, scooping or your cat's scratching.

This is fantastic! I like finding inexpensive alternatives. Thanks for the tip!! :)

This is fantastic! I like finding inexpensive alternatives. Thanks for the tip!! :)

I looked up for the full ingredient list, which I didn't find but I found pictures, and it's not the fine powder that we use in soaps and face masks. But you can buy the pure one for almost similar price on Amazon. I also read there are different kinds of bentonite and what we use is the calcium bentonite. The special kitty packaging also warns of impurities and parasite eggs, so be careful.

I looked up for the full ingredient list, which I didn't find but I found pictures, and it's not the fine powder that we use in soaps and face masks. But you can buy the pure one for almost similar price on Amazon. I also read there are different kinds of bentonite and what we use is the calcium bentonite. The special kitty packaging also warns of impurities and parasite eggs, so be careful.

Aw shucks - guess I'll have to shelve that idea unless I suddenly have the desire for parasite eggs. :sick:

Latest posts

Back