Who Remembers "Sooz"???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Before SoapCalc.net, there was a calculator called "Sooz", and before that, I calculated SAP values by hand!!! -- a tedious but effective method that some soapers (not many) still use today.

I'm just curious to know, am I the only one who remembers sooz calc?

I remember! And if my memory serves me well enough, I'm thinking that Sooz may actually have been the first name of SoapCalc, or maybe an early prototype of what became SoapCalc, but I could be totally wrong. The reason why I think it could've been another name for SoapCalc is because by the time I finally gained enough courage to finally make a batch and actually use a soap calculator, the Sooz I kept hearing everyone mention was gone, but SoapCalc was there. and everyone was using it.

IrishLass :)

Looks like Sooz is the early name for Soapcalc -- ca. 2003-2006. At least that's what I'm seeing in a quick Google search for the keywords sooz soap calculator.

Yep- same calculator, different name. I just did a search over at the Dish to look up Sooz in posts that I remember reading back in 2005/6, and although folks were calling it Sooz, anytime someone posted a link to it, the url had SoapCalc in the name.

IrishLass :)

Gotta love you old timers, hehe!
hehe Indeed, CaraBou. That would be only me, one old-timer, so far!

I've been purging my old files and "sooz' keeps showing up in my notes. Brings back fond memories of the good ole days when there weren't so many of us making hand made soap and all the truly wonderful soapers who've slowly disappeared over the years. :cry:

Latest posts

Back