Wanting recipes to share for mineral foundation and blush

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having never made a mineral make up of any kind I was hoping that enough people out there have tried matching existing make up colors of their favorite makeup brand and are willing to share. I am looking to try matching Bare Minerals "Golden Medium" loose foundation makeup and am not sure how to start matching the color.

After looking online for a recipe I realized most web based recipes are for a darker color than I need. Which made me wonder if people on this forum would be willing to post their copycat recipes with corresponding manufacturers and color names. A picture posted of the final makeup would be nice also.

I can't match anything up with a commercial brand, but I have used this book with great success. She has you mix a bunch of base color blends that you then mix into a base foundation blend of your choice. You can customize the tones and lighten or darken as needed, so it should be fairly straightforward to match a specific brand you like. In my experience, the recipes in this book are very good. There is foundation, blush and eyeshadow recipes in the makeup section. The body products are also excellent, if you're into that. Even after playing around with lots of different recipes, my go-to is still the Simple Body Butter. I also love the Peppermint Foot Cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back