Cyclomethicone & Productive day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I definitely have found my favorite ingredient in lotion even as low as 0.25%. I just do not like lotion without it.

I also finally had a day to make lotions. I managed to make 2 gallons of one of my emulsified body butters, 1 gallon of my oil free lotion and .5 gallon of a test lotion and a .5 gallon of my super thin lotion. I am hoping it will spray but I doubt it, so tomorrow back to the testing :) It really felt good to get something accomplished:)

Sounds good! Cyclomethicone is also for helping the lotions to absorb?
Lends to glide. I hate draggy lotion

Is that your Whipped Body Fluff? If so- excellent stuff! :)
IrishLass :)
Did I send the mini tottle? I do not have Cyclomethicone in either body butter. Thankyou for the complement. Today I discovered I was allergic to one of the lotions I made yesterday, and was trying to narrow down the culprits. I as so afraid it was going to be the Cyclomethicone but it was the Phenonip. I was out of Optiphen and the emulsifier I used Germall Plus was not on the list of acceptable so all I had was a fresh bottle of Phenonip. After a test inside the elbow Phenonip turned out to be the culprit. Wonderful...something else I cannot use. I was going to be really upset if it was the Cyclo

Little update, this lotion just went me to urgent care. Not sure but the phenonip was the only new ingredient. Just recently finished up a bottle of my oil free lotion with a much higher percentage of cyclo. Looks like have testing ahead of me .

Little update, this lotion just went me to urgent care. Not sure but the phenonip was the only new ingredient. Just recently finished up a bottle of my oil free lotion with a much higher percentage of cyclo. Looks like have testing ahead of me .

Urgent care?? Oh no, because of an allergic reaction?

Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing.

I hope they get it sorted out for you quickly.

I know it's frustrating, but it's probably good that they won't let you go until your reaction is under control (sorry - the party-pooper part of me comes out when it gets to allergy reactions).

Fingers crossed we hear soon that you are home safe.

Oh so sorry Carolyn your productive day ended that way. Wonder if the phenonip and cyclo worked together to cause such a reaction, or if cylco contributes to skin absorbing more?

Latest posts

Back