Please check Pricing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This post is simply to let folks, especially newbies, to check prices on items they see up for destash.

This is my opinion of buying destash products. My biggest pet peeve is when a person posts "destash", they are selling a full over even full price paid for the fo, butters, additives etc. When purchasing destash fo's I have never paid over $1.50 per ounce and usually around $.50 per oz. Why would I buy a bunch of destash product not knowing exp dates or even how they were stored. I will note I have in the past purchased large lots of destash and 9 out of 10 they are not what was advertised, other than a couple of folks that I know whom never fluffed up the ad. When I purchase large lots from an unknown I ask for pics and check prices of what is in the pic. If the lot includes butters and/oils I ask for a close up of the bottle and expiration date. I simply want to know I will receive enough usable product for the price. I once drove 400 miles and cleaned out a storage unit all the lady wanted was 100 for her lot, she was moving overseas, and was told no cherry picking. Fine I figured I needed $200 worth of product in order to make the trip worthwhile. Large amount of EO's was in the ad, and several emails later we took the trip. Come to find out most of the gallons of oil were outdated by 8 yrs, which I had to dispose of. She did have some very expensive EO's that she started cherry picking until I reminded her of her ad. Bottom line is I did end up with enough to make the trip worth it, but barely and a car load to take to hazardous waste. So be careful

In my opinion when destashing you do not sell for full price, which in some cases like WSP shipping has been paid since it is included in the price so now you pay shipping a second time. Bottom line is do your homework. If you are interested send an email immediately so you are first in line then take a few minutes and check pricing

Thanks for posting this Carolyn. I have noticed this happens quite frequently. I so agree with you. I've often thought about posting a response to this effect in a few places where they were selling things at a higher price than a person could get it themselves.

Thanks for posting this Carolyn. I have noticed this happens quite frequently. I so agree with you. I've often thought about posting a response to this effect in a few places where they were selling things at a higher price than a person could get it themselves.
Me too, I have such a struggle keeping my mouth shut. Which is why I created this thread. We need a sticky warning... :)

Latest posts

Back