Hatchling #1!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
The first eaglet hatched this morning, but I wasn't able to get a good screen shot, no matter how hard I tried, so here's a video, and also one of my favorite screen shots from last year. These guys are so much fun to watch!
© 2017 American Eagle Foundation, DCEAGLECAM.ORG.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLVwQIAxfsA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

peeking.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it. It's really kind of boring until the chicks hatch. That's when all the action starts. The parent not on the nest goes off and brings fish back, tears it to little pieces and those little fluffballs gobble it down. they grow so fast, and go through amazing changes along the way. It was really hard last year when both babies were old enough to leave the nest. It was hard to say goodbye after checking in on them daily. Hopefully these two will be as healthy and make their way out of the nest as successfully as the previous two. Go chickies!!!

Wow! I had no idea the mother eagles ate the shells. It's like mammals eating the afterbirth to protect their newborns from predators and to get the protein and nutrients from it. Quite interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Back