FLEAS!! Please help me and the little doggie monsters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had forgotten the name of the product(s) so I did a search. I'm guessing the reason this worked so well is the injection interrupted the growth/life cycle of the fleas in the environment where the dogs ran and played, while the 24 hour stuff killed all the adult fleas. This is a farm and I haven't had to do this every 6 months. I will do it again if needed. I don't like the health risks of monthly OTC or prescription solutions so this was excellent IMO. I'm a skeptic and I believe vets sell the monthly stuff because they are making huge profits -- job security. For example, you can buy monthly Heart-wormer for pigs at a fraction of the cost. It's sad that more people don't know that because many can't afford to buy Heartworm meds; they are cost prohibitive. Of course you had better know how to do dose/weight calculations or you will kill the animal.

Oral and Injectable Products: Program, a product containing an insect development inhibitor is available as a tablet for dogs and cats and as an injectable for cats. The tablets are given once a month; the injection is given every 6 months. Program does not kill the adult fleas, so if you have fleas, you MUST also use something to kill the adults. Capstar, another oral product, is approved for use in dogs and cats. It will kill adult fleas, but only for a period of 24 hours or less. It is useful in situations such as boarding, grooming, and prior to surgery. Because Capstar is out of your pet's system in 24 hours, it should be followed with a longer-lasting product that will work on both adult and immature fleas. Both Comfortis and Trifexis are oral products that kill adult fleas. Trifexis also prevents heartworm infection and treats and controls hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm infections.
Here is the link: Doctors Foster & Smith Pet Education (wholesale supplier that I used for years when I had a Kennel).

[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back