ISO 1 lb silicone mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
anyone know where i can find a silicone mold like the green WSP molds only for a 1lb batch? i want to do some testing and think 4-5 bars is plenty rather than 8-9. i looked but havent had much luck.

i am not handy, and dont own tools, so building one is out of me... :(

i think i am going to try getting a block of wood that is the same sized interior as my WSP mold and wrapping it with freezer paper and using it like that. hopefully it will work. now to find a block of wood that is 3x3.5...

WSP sells individual cavity molds that I like. I have some of the 4.5 oz ovals and the guest ovals. a nice looking bar. It is harder to get full gel in them than in a log by just covering up the soap. Of course, if you want to prevent gel, that is easier. It is harder to do coloring effects. (I am not sure what you are testing, so I threw out lots of observations)

I have also shortened my log like you are going to try, but I have a rough time getting a reasonably good seal. Seems like some leakage was inevitable. Pouring at thick trace helps.

Latest posts

Back