Alabama (B'ham) get together

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckscent

Reaction score
What about we have a get together one evening at some restaurant in town before everyone gets to busy before spring. Name a few places and dates and we will set it up.

Oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were in Birmingham I would take you up on it.... but I am too far away.

I'd be up for it and bet dixiedragon would be too. We meet for dinner a couple of times each month and it's usually funky food (Thai or Vietnamese). Maybe BeesKnees would join us if it was planned on a weekend instead of a weekday.

I'd be up for it! IDK if you want to go smell stuff at Lush, but that's one good meeting place. Costco is another good choice, if you want/need to make a trip to Costco anyway.

I'd be up for it! IDK if you want to go smell stuff at Lush, but that's one good meeting place. Costco is another good choice, if you want/need to make a trip to Costco anyway.

hrm, an 5 hour trip to meet soapers, and go to a Costco... would you mind an interloper from a few states over? lol

If you're free, sure! Though if you want to travel 5 hrs to hang with us, we could probably do something slightly more interesting than Costco.

We need a fun event or something.

I guess BBG heard how awesome our soap class was at Aldridge Gardens so they had to compete! My mom actually gave me a heads up on the class awhile back but there's no way I'm paying $50 to attend. I would much rather spend $50 on more soaping supplies or funky food with soapy friends. :)

Yeah I posted that without reading - I thought it was going to involve using herbs or something.

I wouldn't mind being a fly-on-the-wall just to see if there are any marketing tips . . . like how to get folks to pay $12 for a 5oz bar of unscented soap!

I really wish there was something to see at the Lyric Theatre because I've been dying to check out the renovations. The Alabama Theatre is having Black Jacket Symphony do Queen's 'A Night at the Opera' on Fri Mar 3 and it looks like plenty of tickets still available. Any takers?

So how about a saturday eve. 3/4 or 3/11. Im good for lush, cosco, or where ever. We could go to Iguana grill to eat? Just a thought

This is a really fun event: The Cherry Blossom Festival at the Bham Botanical Gardens. All kinds of interesting stuff. Really beautiful. Although spring is early AGAIN so the cherry blossoms might not be at their peak.
Saturday, March 18 at 10 AM - 4 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/594923397381571/

We can have pizza at Davenport's afterwards maybe?

This is a really fun event: The Cherry Blossom Festival at the Bham Botanical Gardens. All kinds of interesting stuff. Really beautiful. Although spring is early AGAIN so the cherry blossoms might not be at their peak.
Saturday, March 18 at 10 AM - 4 PM

https://www.facebook.com/events/594923397381571/

We can have pizza at Davenport's afterwards maybe?

This sounds good to me. Isn't there a soap supply store near you Dixie? Is it opened on the weekends?

Just let me know what weekend, and I will see about making plans to drive up.

This sounds good to me. Isn't there a soap supply store near you Dixie? Is it opened on the weekends?

Just let me know what weekend, and I will see about making plans to drive up.

There's a candle supply store, but they aren't open on weekends. I like them for some supplies, but so far their FOs have not be great in soap.

There's a candle supply store, but they aren't open on weekends. I like them for some supplies, but so far their FOs have not be great in soap.

Yeah the one that was in Detroit was the same. I did not like them for FO's but they were pretty good for smaller amounts of cocoa butter, shea butter and mango butter, as well as some other oils.

Somewhat short notice, but anybody want to meet this Saturday? I've never had the Iguana Grill - want to meet there?

Also, for a future meeting, I propose Papa Saia's in Helena (KILLER nachos) and we can go to Skull Girl Soaps.

Back