Looking For A Good Soy Blend Wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luna73

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I was wondering if anybody knows of a good Soy blend wax for tarts? I have waisted so much money trying different waxes with no success, they all have a really good cold throw, but when I start melting them I get nothing. I have only used pure soy and palm, but now I'm open to trying a soy blend. Any feedback would be so highly appreciated..thanks in advance ~Luna

I use Ecosoya Pillar Blend and it gives a great scent throw hot and cold. Never had any issues with this one.

You should melt this wax up to and between 70-80 degrees celsius. This wax does have a pouring temperature between 50-70 degrees celsius and your own testing with temperatures is best. As a suggestion, if you are going to pour the wax at 60 degrees celsius you will want to add your fragrance and colour at around 70 degrees to allow mixing and blending with the wax. Stir gently and pour your melted wax once you have reached the required temperature. As a general tip, always add a little bit extra wax in case you have any holes form in the bottom of the candle. This way you will have the extra wax with the fragrance and colour to fill these up with.

I'm trying a different wax for tarts than I had used previously. Today I made some with Rustic Escentuals KY Parasoy Tart & Votive Blend. All I can say is it's really easy to work with and melts quickly in the double boiler. I won't know until later about the CT and HT because I give tarts a curing time of about 7 days. I don't know if it's necessary but I read somewhere to do this so I always leave them to mellow for awhile.

I'll try to remember to mention how they turn out next weekend. I'm sorry I couldn't help you today.

Just to make sure - have you been adding in the FOs at the recommended temperature and stirring for a couple of minutes?

Hazel, never tried that one, I've only cured for 48 hrs the recommended time from the supplier, although usually leave them longer. Sometimes I can't wait :shock: to try.

I didn't see a recommended time but it doesn't hurt to wait. I read a couple of days curing is recommended for paraffin and 7 days for soy so I'm going to use the longer cure. I still have some melts plus some wax sprinkles to use so it's not like I need them immediately. Also, I still have 9 days until Christmas. However, I still have more to do so later I need to make time for "Hot Chocolate" and "Birthday Cake". :D

@ Luna73 -

Clean up was easier than other waxes I have used. I just wiped out the pan and the pour pot with paper towels and washed them with Dawn dish detergent. I don't know if you care about clean up info but I was pleased. I always thought clean up was a pain which is why I rarely make melts. I had a couple of oopsie moments and had some wax overflow from the tins. I scraped the wax up later and I can try them in a couple of days so I can give you a report about it.

eta: I don't know what is considered a good cold throw. But this morning I only had to hold them a few inches from my face and I could smell them. Does anyone know what is considered a good CT?

Natural candle supply are going to stock it..............If you go to the Wax bit they are going to stock a Parasoy blend for container candles and a pillar wax..........taking forever to come into stock I rung and they said next year

You could be waiting a while, I've been waiting for the body stuff for 18 months, I asked and the staff said they have it here but haven't done any testing yet. At least I can go over there and pick mine up, so saves me on postage. Yeah.

Back