Decorations for bath bombs ~ ideas ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOLAGal

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the dried flowers or other things that will leave your tube a mess. I'm trying to thing of items that I can use on the outside of the bomb to make it look pretty but that will either dissolve or leave very little clean up.

Maybe a small rose made out of soap? Colored sea salts, etc... Or even making stuff out of molds using citric acid and baking soda (like for the embeds but something decorative for the outside?) I have mica to give them a shine and some bio degradable glitter ( I can handle just a touch but not a tub full of it!)

Any ideas willing to share? Thanks!

Anything! Let your creative juices flow. I like to use mini cookie cutters. Salts, heck may even try pop rocks of I can find them locally. If you use a bath bomb press it made be difficult to press out decorated embeds because they will break.

What about using crumble and dust from bath bombs that fell apart as embeds and to decorate the outside of new bombs?

Forgot! What about marzipan, icing and gumpaste flowers? I'd look in the cake decorating section of the craft store.

Also, maybe check eBay for pre-made soap flowers and shapes.

Or make them yourself. Make melt and pour embeds for something quick and easy? (That's conjecture, mind you. Just brain storming)

I saw a video of someone decorating their bath bomb using a squeeze bottle and putting a dye colored liquid on it to make designs etc. I know I can't dilute my dye with water as it would react with the citric acid, any suggestions on what I can mix my dyes with so I can "paint" or put drops of color around the outside of the bath bomb ?

I saw a video of someone decorating their bath bomb using a squeeze bottle and putting a dye colored liquid on it to make designs etc. I know I can't dilute my dye with water as it would react with the citric acid, any suggestions on what I can mix my dyes with so I can "paint" or put drops of color around the outside of the bath bomb ?

If they are using mica you can use whatever oil you use in your bath bombs. But you have to be careful not to use too much...

I'll note that I've had mixed results with whitch hazel. It has a water base and can set off your mix if you don't use it sparingly.

I'm going to try mixing the mica with coconut oil and see how that works. If no good then I will make a trip to the liquor store

Latest posts

Back