Which wax is best?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyJo

Reaction score
Not sure how this affects anyone in the US but given that NGI has announced that they are discontinuing EcoSoy I thought I would look into wax to see if what I thought I knew was actually true.

Looking across the net tonight there seems a lot of biased info about Soy and Paraffin so I wondered what anyone here thought - why did you choose to use Paraffin OR Soy?

Do people actually care? I know I didnt before I started making candles and looking across other forums people still love Yankee etc despite them being made from paraffin or a paraffin/blend.

Or is the same mindset as people who want to buy a 'natural' soap?

Be interested in what other people think?

Tx

I know there's a lot of pro/con info regarding paraffin but I choose to use soy, because that's what I prefer. It's sad they're discontinuing EcoSoya. I wonder if there's another vendor you can buy from. I recently started using EcoSoya CBPB blend in my wax melts and I LOVE it. No frosting at all. I buy it on Amazon for a great price (especially since I get 2 day free shipping with Prime).

I read that they were reformulating the ecosoya waxes for 2017.

I'm blending soy and palm waxes currently.

Latest posts

Back