What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolphins are magical

I am really pleased to meet you JadieBugs.
Your daughter Chandra was a special soul. I adore that Dolphin picture and it looks so real. I am sure Dolphins can swim anywhere they want to.
I painted a Trompe L'oeil of dolphins on a wall behind a swimming pool at my last place ,It made everything seem so restfull and healing. No wonder Desha chose it for there.
I just looked at your site at those gorgeous glycerine soaps of yours and the Lilac looks so much like wisteria. All of them look ethereal.
Keep on haing fun with your soaps.
Mary

Hi Everyone I'm new to this forum & soap making .
My user name is C for my first name "Carol" & deSousa is my last name & the number 5 is for my five children, but the truth is I chose the #5 years before I had five children because I was making a user name and was counting the number of people in my family and forgot to count myself !! :oops:

My avatar reminds me of a waterfall I saw in Costa Rica. I would have used one of my own pics but the jpeg was to big.

Love the forum!!
Carol

My username is the same as my website - Briallen.

Briallen is Welsh for primrose.

Primrose was my nickname in secondary/high school in Yorkshire (England).

Welcome

Briallen said:
My username is the same as my website - Briallen.

Briallen is Welsh for primrose.

Primrose was my nickname in secondary/high school in Yorkshire (England).
Welcome.
You have a wonderfull website.
The primrose cojures up such romantic visions.
Mary :lol:

why username - avatar

I chose eucalypta (a wich from a dutch childrens book) because that's what my nickname is: always mixing and brewing ingredients (cooking, painting and now soapmaking).
Tha avatar - a cat - is bcause I am a Lion, we occasionly breed cats (norvegian forest, british shorthair, Ragdoll, Maine Coon). I like their independance and majestic attitude. Besides that they are soft, sweet, cosy and lazy and enjoy life - just like myself :lol:

Oh, I love this thread! Though it makes me think I should change my profile name to something more interesting. Right now mine is andreabadgley cause that's my name. Andrea Badgley. Maybe I should change it to something like VirgoSun cause I'm Virgo to the core (hence the earthiness and the need to make everything from scratch) and sun because sunshine makes me happy (except in the middle of summer in Florida when it becomes so oppressive).

I chose my avatar because I love yoga, I love the beach, I love the sun, and though it's not a picture of a sun salutation, I dream of facing east and doing sun salutations on the beach at daybreak. On the east coast so that I can salute the sun as it rises over the water. And though my avatar is not a sun salutation (and it's not actually me), I have sat in this pose on the beach with golden water all around me, connected to the earth and feeling the gentle lapping of an incoming tide. It was a moment of great peace and connectedness, and seeing my avatar always takes me back to that day and makes me very, very happy.

Jola is what a lot of people call me. And I like making vegan cupcakes... that and I haven't gotten around to uploading my own pic yet!

Hello Jola

Jola said:
Jola is what a lot of people call me. And I like making vegan cupcakes... that and I haven't gotten around to uploading my own pic yet!
Hello Jola,Lovelly name.
Going to love seeing your piicy or what ever you do usse for you avater.
Making cup cakes is sooh cool.
Looking forward to seeing yours
Mary :lol:

My granddaughter picked my name

It's the first initial of my kids names in order of birth :)

I usually use the name Dawl ( shortened from Dawlfin years ago, Dawlfin cause I couldn't get Dolphin on Aol all ready taken waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when folks actually used aol )

Avatar - dolphins, well cause I'm completely smitten with dolphins. I cry when I see them, doesn't matter how many times. They just bring me to tears, they're such gorgeous, graceful, intelligent creatures.

Love your name

jbarad said:
My granddaughter picked my name

It's the first initial of my kids names in order of birth :)

I usually use the name Dawl ( shortened from Dawlfin years ago, Dawlfin cause I couldn't get Dolphin on Aol all ready taken waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when folks actually used aol )

Avatar - dolphins, well cause I'm completely smitten with dolphins. I cry when I see them, doesn't matter how many times. They just bring me to tears, they're such gorgeous, graceful, intelligent creatures.
I seem to end up with many Dolphins around me also and often go for healing swims with Dolphins in my mind.
Love your name.
:lol:

i swear i think we are evolved from dolphins lol... one thing i though which was really cool.. .they have 'names' for eachother, certain radio progressions beeps boops and the like that are unique to each one... and when duplicated from a speaker will call that particular dolphin.... prettttty cool!

Great fact

IanT said:
i swear i think we are evolved from dolphins lol... one thing i though which was really cool.. .they have 'names' for eachother, certain radio progressions beeps boops and the like that are unique to each one... and when duplicated from a speaker will call that particular dolphin.... prettttty cool!
I never new that.They are more intelligent thatn a lot of us I imagine.
:lol:

I like this thread. I've read through all of the posts and boy... some of you have really great names and avatars!

Here, I am Moondancer. I have no idea where the name 'came from', but I was searching for a name for my business products and this one suddenly came to me one evening. I designed my avatar, which is my logo, myself. I'm no artist, but I can use Photoshop pretty well. So the logo is a combination of several pictures and my background.

On most other places, I'm Ebba Lytle, which is the name of a character in a series of novels I've been writing. She is a being of light and her job is to help keep balance between "light" and "dark". Sorry... these aren't published yet, but hopefully someday.

I am also Coccinella (ladybug in Latin) on a few places. My first name is June and when I was younger I was handed the nickname of Junebug. Have you ever seen a Junebug? They have to be the ugliest bug around! When I saw one, I immediately knew that I did not want this to be my nickname. It took me a long time to convince my family that they should not use that name for me. There are still some who do and it is very annoying. I mean, people want to stomp on a Junebug, it's so ugly. Now a ladybug... that's a whole 'nother thing. People are always careful with them. If one gets into the house, you carefully pick it up and take it outside and usually you find a leaf to put it on. I haven't met anyone who wants to kill or maime a ladybug. I use Coccinella because "ladybug" was taken in so many places. :)

And that's my story...

IanT said:

Fascinating aren't they. They're so human like in many ways. I've always had a thing for them even as a kid. My home is full of dolphin items. I live in the NE so I don't see them in the wild a whole heck of a lot, but when I do it's always something special.

I think hubby has a dolphin swim planned for me this summer when we take vacation, he's hinted but won't confirm, I think it's supposed to be a surprise ;)

I designed my avatar, which is my logo, myself. I'm no artist, but I can use Photoshop pretty well. So the logo is a combination of several pictures and my background.

I love your avatar ! Is that a dolphin I see in there ? :D

moondancer, love your Avatar

moondancer, I love your story of your name.
Sometimes I meet people with unfortunate names.As I beleive that a persons name is an affirmation I always think now why don't you change it so you don't shudder everytime you hear it.
So you have donethat.

Let's see i do love soap, but it does taste nasty. My avatar is a crawfish, a cajun ( native american and french) delicacy. I love anything native
american or french.

French rule and English drool! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back