second attempt again failure

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
Hello all members today I again tried to make M&P base with a change in recipe
250g coconut oil
250 g caster oil
500 g Glycerine .
( stearic acid was removed this time )
but again its not success ,though not as sticky as before but again my soap is melting slowly .
here showing pictures of both experiences .

the pictures in bunny were made with first batch ,which was more sticky and the base with a small piece on it .
only one peach/pink soap was made by this time and 2 pictures of base are here which is not as sticky but still slowly melting .
Need Guidance . Did any one ever tried base at home?

IMG_20160820_105137.jpg

IMG_20160820_105232.jpg

IMG_20160912_103216.jpg

IMG_20160912_103227.jpg

IMG_20160915_180353.jpg

IMG_20160915_180418.jpg

No, I have not, but I was interested in trying it someday.

I think you have too much glycerin in your recipe (50%), which is probably why it is melting. Also that is a lot of castor oil, too (25%).

I'll bet it melts in the microwave nicely, though. Too bad it doesn't hold so well after unmolded.
If you manage to get it perfected, I would love to know what you come up with!

Use the tutorial above it makes a nice M&p although it is a very low temp melt soap, but does not weep. Using glycerin as the solvent will create a m&p that will completely melt down /weep to a puddle in a week or so. I think this fact was mentioned in another thread about m&p. Put in in a leak proof container.

I make a tweaked version from the second video and it is very nice. If you are making m&p to sell and pour a lot of it, it is much cheaper to purchase a good quality base. Even though the recipes in the videos make a love m&p it is still better as a one pour base.

Last edited:
Ausie,LSG,earlene,cmzaha,and topofmurrayhill,thanks to all for your prescious suggestions and comments and recommended videos .Really thankful .

Latest posts

Back