• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Soap Making Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dragon's Blood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let us know when you’ve got a quote. I’d like an 8oz but we just bought tickets to Europe so timing/prices will probably dictate what I’m able to purchase

Right now I just need to wait and see if my friend is going to order fragrance on his end. I just cannot for the full 75lbs. This is not a cheap fo even at these amounts. He is going to keep me updated. I said I would take up to 40 lbs

Okay DB is going to be ordered, (25lbs) but it has gone up $2.50 per lb :-( so my price will have to reflect it. Sorry I am assuming it will be 2-4 weeks but will know more when my friend gets back to me. This may be our lost shot at this particular DB since the manufacturer keeps upping up their minimum requirements. Apparently they do not want to deal with the smallish supplier.

When I get an approximate date I will be holding a pre-buy to help offset the cost. Will start a new thread when I know more on time

DISCLAIMER: SMF is not responsible for any sale, trade, co-op, pre-buy, fast buy, garage sale, ad or other transactions between members. All parties enter into transactions at their own will/risk.

This is a bit premature but I should be ordering 25 lbs of Dragon's Blood in the next week or so, but not sure how long production will take. I am just putting out feelers to find out if anyone be interested in some. I really did not need the full 25#'s but was the least I could get made. This is the DB I have used for a couple of years and love. It is very complex, soaps well but does turn dark brown, although not the almost black some will turn. It is not a cheap DB, but runs around $25 per lb, I have not received my final quote. This is my best seller and really helps build a men's clientele. Some that smell it smell cola, some smell chocolate and some smell vanilla, I smell them all... I soap it at 1 oz -1.1 oz per lb and it is quite strong. Some would probably go less than my percentages.

We tried to get it made in another fragrance house but it just did not have the depth of this one and accelerated pretty bad. I was sorry it just did not work and smell as well because it was quite a bit less expensive. Many times with FO you get what you pay for. NG's DB was a disaster for me and the closest to mine is from Pure Fragrance but that one goes an extremely dark chocolate.

Forgot to mention the cost will be what I pay for it
I'm interested! Dragon's blood is so great and the one you're having mixed sounds very complex!

Too many posts here.

About how much per Pound, minimum amount, fee for bottle and shipping ? I think 5# would fit in a Flat rate box ?

Too many posts here.

About how much per Pound, minimum amount, fee for bottle and shipping ? I think 5# would fit in a Flat rate box ?

In the first post, she says $25/lb. She mentions that the price has increased, but I'd say $25-$30/lb is a reasonable guesstimate (for now). As for 5 lbs fitting in a flat-rate box - it would depend on the size of the bottle.

Too many posts here.

As I mentioned I will start a new thread when I get a definitive answer for price. It is looking like it will be in the $27 lb range. I do not charge packaging but do charge shipping. This is an expensive fo to have made and just keeps getting higher

....should be ordering 25 lbs of Dragon's Blood ...It is not a cheap DB, but runs around $25 per lb, ... Forgot to mention the cost will be what I pay for it
I live in BC Canada - I would love to be able to get ONE lb if it is available - would you be able and willing to send to Canada? :)
(EDITED TO UP REQUEST

Last edited:
Dragon's Blood should be in next week, will start a new thread for purchasing when I get the exact price
Please also drop a note here so those of us who have posted already can get a notification when you post your new thread? Thanks.

Back