Success!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eleraine

Reaction score
Remember the first soap I made here?

I tried it out yesterday since it's already been three weeks into curing and I'm itching to have a go at it and woooohhhh, me likey!

6765560691_3e056b6667_o.jpg

It's bubbly, no lye bites and not too strong on the nose (I have a sensitive nose so places like Lush give me a badddd headache).

My hubby has been testing it since yesterday and he likes it. Says it's better than the commercial handwash gel that we've been using in the kitchen - "soapy and doesn't leave a rough feeling on the hands". The stuff dries out his hands very badly.

Can't wait till it finishes curing! Happiness!!!!1

eleraine said:
Remember the first soap I made here?

I tried it out yesterday since it's already been three weeks into curing and I'm itching to have a go at it and woooohhhh, me likey!

6765560691_3e056b6667_o.jpg

It's bubbly, no lye bites and not too strong on the nose (I have a sensitive nose so places like Lush give me a badddd headache).

My hubby has been testing it since yesterday and he likes it. Says it's better than the commercial handwash gel that we've been using in the kitchen - "soapy and doesn't leave a rough feeling on the hands". The stuff dries out his hands very badly.

Can't wait till it finishes curing! Happiness!!!!1

That's awesome. Good job on your first adventure... It just gets more addictive as time passes on... :)

Lookin good! And it will continue to get better with cure. A satisfying feeling to create a product you enjoy!

My first batch was made a little over a year ago. I was so excited to see the lather and amazed that I had created this. :D After about 60 batches (2 today), the excitement and amazement haven't wavered. Congrats!!

Good job! Looks great! :D Be prepared to be more and more addicted to making more and more batches now. :lol:

IrishLass :)

Great lather and it looks pretty, too! Congrats!! (I assume you've already planned your next ten batches!!!) :wink:

Thanks folks for all the lovely compliments! :oops:

You guys are right! I'm so addicted now - hubby thinks I've gone bonkers as I see soap in just about everything. :p

Speaking of which, am so fired up for my next soap project - using fruit juice in soap! :)

Back