Hello to all soapers & question for booboo

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zajcek

Reaction score
I would like to say hello to all soapers on this forum. I see, how you help each other, you are just great!!!! I just cant understand, that is possible... Ive made a few batches of soap and learned a lot reading this forum, so thank you. I am from Slovenija, my English isnt very well, so excuse me for mistakes...

I observed, booboo, you are Irish living in Slovenija. I am glad to find someone from our country. Where exactly do you live? I live in Bela krajina, Crnomelj.

:) Hi Zajcek and welcome to the forum, I am so pleased to meet you, its great you found the forum. I dont speak Sloveain yet....we live in Halozan near Ptuj, I love making soap, maybe when the weather is better we could meet up. I have to look at the map to see where you are. The cheapest I can find coconut oil is in Hoffer. If you find any good deals for making soap let me know. :)

Hello, booboo, I am glad you like it in Slovenija. What was the reason to come living here? I noticed you, when you were asking for the information about meetengs of soapers in eastern Europe, so I was wonering, where is the wrighter from?
I think that in Slovenija most of the people do not know nothing about making homemade soap and the advantages of it. The market is little, so the ingredients are quite expensive. I started to make soap in november last year. I agree with you that the cheapeast coconut oil is in Hofer - but they dont hold this oil all the time, just sometimes! I was running after the palm oil, it was i big venture to find it. My colleagues at work gave it to me for my birthday (found in Kalček in BTC, Ljubljana), but I do not know yet, if it is "real" palm oil or palm kernel or crisco. Have to study...

Črnomelj is little town in south of the country, near the border with Croatia. I think that Ptuj is about 150 km away, so we cant just go together on a cup of coffe, but someday we can meet. But Im warning you - Im over fifty... Best regards to you and your husband, Jelka

zajcek said:
But Im warning you - Im over fifty... Best regards to you and your husband, Jelka

aww and you say that as if its a bad thing!! :)

over 50 yrs young!! :)

Im glad you two got the chance to connect, I believe you are the first two we have had here from Slovenija

Hi, you know fifties is OK to me. Now I have much more time for myself and my hobbies. But when I was twenty I thought people in my ages are .... simply not young. Over time the views are changing.

Making soap is unusual in Slovenija (You know Slovenija has just about 2 million residents). I find the first detail instructions (lye is lye...) for making soap in my language last year on web pages, wrote by young women, chemistry, who was living abroad. We dont have contacts, but she wrote, that she found a lot of useful information on this forum. I started to read, and I was/am reading and reading and reading... and making soap. I love to do this!!! Every time I make something different. Winter is the best time to do this. I am really grateful to you!

Thanks Ian, it is nice not to be alone so to speak and swop information, i had such a job trying to find a lot of things and a still looking for a good selection of EO's.

Hi Zajcek, i dont know why this post is showing no replys, i was afraid that you not see my reply. I am just over forthy so i hope over fifthy is not too bad. I stared to make soap last november too.
We came here to live for a life change, as i said we enjoy our life here very much and i have to say its the people that really make this country a truly beautiful place. The winters are hard for us as we are not used to living in such cold tempertures, also we live in the country and it make it very hard to get out and about.
If i find any good deals i will let you know, at the moment i pay ten euros for a kilo of lye which we get in maribor, i have not seen it for sale any where else.
kinds regards
Una

Hi, Una, my sister bought lye to me in Merkur, Ljubljana (Bežigrad) for about 8 euros/kilo. I think, lye can be bought just in certain store of Merkur. She told me, that they also have bigger packages, which are relatively cheaper (Im not sure, but I think 25 kilos, which is toooooo much for me - if I would buy, it would be like sitting on the bomb).

About other things - I read that many things for soap making can be bought in Arstrade, Trzin (near Ljubljana), they should be most of all wholesale traders, and that they have in their shop in Trzin more than they advertise on the internet. I dont know if this is true, because I didnt contact them yet (but I intend to go there one day). Theirs web page http://www.arstrade.si/ is unfortunatelly just in Slovene, but google translator can help you to translate.

Before I start making soap I never used EOs or fragrances. Till now I bought fragrances in ordinary stores (in bottles 10 ml). My daughters friend give me for christmas gift EO "31 zeliščno olje" (31 herbs), which is made by Just, Switzerland, packaged in 75 ml bottle. Of course I couldnt ask her for the price, but my daughter said that it cost about 30 euros. This is their web page: http://www.naturaljust.si/etericna_olja.php. Again just in Slovene... Where do you buy EOs or fragrances?

What temperatures are in winter in Ireland? I assume, that they should be lower than in Slovenija, because Ireland is more north. Be fine, bye, Jelka

Latest posts

Back