~*~ SMF February 2017 Challenge - Ebru Soaps! ~*~
~ February 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Lye-Based Soap Forum > February 2017 SMF Soap Challenge- Ebru Soaps

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #121
redhead1226

Liked 105 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Everyone your Ebru soaps are all beautiful. I didn't enter as its a little beyond my skill level, having never done it. So Im so envious of all of you. I might try to make one when I have time just to see how it goes. But all of you did a great job!

Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #122
leilaninoel
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 46 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 698

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead1226 View Post
Everyone your Ebru soaps are all beautiful. I didn't enter as its a little beyond my skill level, having never done it. So Im so envious of all of you. I might try to make one when I have time just to see how it goes. But all of you did a great job!
I had never done anything like it before either - but the video tutorials that were included in the initial posting were EXTREMELY helpful. The DNA swirl, while looking super complicated, was actually one of the easiest swirls I've tried so far! Even though the competition is over, I would definitely suggest giving the video a watch and then giving it a try.

Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #123
toxikon

Liked 151 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaninoel View Post
I had never done anything like it before either - but the video tutorials that were included in the initial posting were EXTREMELY helpful. The DNA swirl, while looking super complicated, was actually one of the easiest swirls I've tried so far! Even though the competition is over, I would definitely suggest giving the video a watch and then giving it a try.
I agree, the DNA swirl was surprisingly easy. It was my first time trying any kind of swirl at all and I was pleasantly surprised.

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #124
mx6inpenn

Liked 316 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 115

French curls are pretty darn easy too! It looks intimidating for many of the slab type swirls, but I've decided a skewer or similar is much easier to get a good result with than a hanger.

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #125
kchaystack
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1529 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 166

I threw this together the other weekend, inspired by several of the entries. The color pallet was for Mardi Gras, since this was my first year living in Louisiana. I've discovered I really dislike challenges, so don't want to enter but I liked how this turned out. I scented it with WSP's coconut lime verbena. I cut it into 12 1.5" x 3" bars and will pass it out to ladies at work once it is cured.

https://goo.gl/photos/Y5N354uiNLakKuAc6
People Like This 
Old Today, 04:35 AM   #126
CaraBou
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2008 Times on 983 Posts
Likes Given: 1727

KC that's one awesome soap! Your coworkers will love it!