Facebook Warning

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerGeorge

Reaction score
Just a heads up to everybody on FB.

My wife shared a link this morning supposedly offering $60 off coupons for Aldi's grocery story. I thought that was too good to be true and started researching it, but clicked the link in the process to see where it went. In spite of having filled out nothing, clicking no 'Okay' buttons, nor generally doing anything at all, I still came back to a Facebook feed filled with posts about Korean Pop music.

After blocking 3 or 4 sites, everything seems to be back under control but it was touch and go there for a few minutes.

The link looks official, uses the proper logo and everything, but the first clue it is fake is that the real Aldi has the address of aldi.us while the Facebook link went to Aldi.com. Lots of articles on the web are further proof it's fake.

Save yourself the trouble of the cleanup!

I don't recall seeing Aldi coupons ever but I also rarely go to the store. Nothing against it but I rarely eat the products they have.
Aldi has changed a lot in the past five years or so, moving closer to what the stores are in Europe. They still have lots of cheap, processed stuff, but they've begun investing heavily in organic and healthy foods with their Fit&Active, Simply Nature and Never Any brands, even gluten-free with the LiveGFree brand. Most carry much, much more fresh produce than they used to, as well - a good portion of it organic if you care about that.

IME, if the store - the building itself - is relatively new there is a good chance they will have lots of the new stuff. Older buildings tend to lag behind, perhaps do to simple lack of space. But if you've got a newer one near you, it's worth checking out.

I did see something over here from Aldi themselves that says that they never make offers like this and that anything like this will be scam.

There are a few of these Aldi scams going around - they are all fake.

Back