Finally tried a goat's milk batch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamagirl

Reaction score
I haven't been able to soap for a little while now. A couple weeks ago, I finally got the chance. So I made a batch of my regular charcoal/salt bars, a vanilla scented batch (the brown ones), and finally tried my hand at a goats milk soap (the cream colored). The goats milk wasn't as hard as I was anticipating and I think it turned out good, hopefully it will be awesome as I have never tried one. It was also high in olive oil, so that will be something new for me too.

IMG_20170308_073141.jpg

IMG_20170308_073211.jpg

IMG_20170308_073301.jpg

Wow! Your goats milk soap is very pretty.... mine always scorches. Did you use powdered goats milk? What was your technique?

The soda ash looks really pretty on the chaircoal one :mrgreen:
I have yet to make soap with goats milk, but it's on my list. Have you tried your yet?

Wow! Your goats milk soap is very pretty.... mine always scorches. Did you use powdered goats milk? What was your technique?

I used canned goats milk. I froze it and used half frozen goats milk and the other half chilled water. I was really nervous, but it turned out good so far!

The soda ash looks really pretty on the chaircoal one :mrgreen:
I have yet to make soap with goats milk, but it's on my list. Have you tried your yet?

I haven't got a chance to try it, I made it yesterday, so unfortunately it will be a long time :cry:

Are these CP instead of HP? Just curious after you bought all those crockpots ;) All of them look great and the goat milk batch looks so smooth & creamy! Did you fragrance the GM or charcoal bars?

Are these CP instead of HP? Just curious after you bought all those crockpots ;) All of them look great and the goat milk batch looks so smooth & creamy! Did you fragrance the GM or charcoal bars?

They are CP :). Would you believe I have not tried hp yet? My first batch was CP, and I was hooked. But the Crock-Pot came in handy because my favorite one for cooking quit. I didn't fragrance either. The charcoal is my son's facial soap, and I don't like fragrance in facial bars (I do believe it was you that pointed out fragrance could cause breakouts, and I've stuck with that idea!) I decided not to fragrance the GM since it was my first batch and I wasnt sure how it was going to behave.

Latest posts

Back