The best Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nature's garden sticks. I can still smell a bit of it after 2 years. I really wanted to try nurtures porridge, but its seasonal and I didn't get it ordered before it was removed from the store.

I notice Nurture seems to have quite a few seasonal fragrances. This 'seasonal' strategy must be good for their biz. It can be frustrating for the buyer though....

I also use BB's OMH but blend it with their Vanilla Select. I notice the plastic-y scent too but when blended and cured, I no longer detect it. It also sticks really well for me. I recently found a bar I made about 10 months prior and the scent was the same as the batch I'd made a month ago.

I also use BB's OMH but blend it with their Vanilla Select. I notice the plastic-y scent too but when blended and cured, I no longer detect it. It also sticks really well for me. I recently found a bar I made about 10 months prior and the scent was the same as the batch I'd made a month ago.

That's a good idea, do you blend 50/50? I think I'll try to blend it too.

I notice Nurture seems to have quite a few seasonal fragrances. This 'seasonal' strategy must be good for their biz. It can be frustrating for the buyer though....

It's not that. It's two reasons: 1) We are literally running out room. We thought our current building would be big enough when we originally leased it, but we have taken up every square inch. It's frustrating for us, too, because we're constantly having figure out where to put things. 2) We don't want the fragrances to get old. I have heard of people receiving rancid oils (not from us) and this thought scares me. If something isn't going to sell well over the summer because it's traditionally a fall/winter scent, I would rather buy it again at that time than have it sit on a shelf getting old. Fragrance oils can and do go bad.

With all that said, we do have samples of some of these fragrances left! If you put a note on your order we will send one if we have it. :)

Also, we're meeting with the architect tomorrow for the design of our new warehouse. We have bought the building and now we just need to design it to work for us. YAY! This means that we will be able to carry a lot more inventory!

It's not that. It's two reasons: 1) We are literally running out room. We thought our current building would be big enough when we originally leased it, but we have taken up every square inch. It's frustrating for us, too, because we're constantly having figure out where to put things. 2) We don't want the fragrances to get old. I have heard of people receiving rancid oils (not from us) and this thought scares me. If something isn't going to sell well over the summer because it's traditionally a fall/winter scent, I would rather buy it again at that time than have it sit on a shelf getting old. Fragrance oils can and do go bad.

With all that said, we do have samples of some of these fragrances left! If you put a note on your order we will send one if we have it. :)

Also, we're meeting with the architect tomorrow for the design of our new warehouse. We have bought the building and now we just need to design it to work for us. YAY! This means that we will be able to carry a lot more inventory!

Thanks for explaining this. Yes, I guess space is a key consideration in your kind of business

Back