PSA: New Soaper's Choice shipping prices

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entered a quick order last night to see what the changes meant for me. Estimated shipping jumped from $36 to $74 for the same items I price checked a month ago.

mx6inpenn, I'd suggest you send an email via the contact us link on their website explaining this issue. So far it seems Kelly responds very quickly to messages. I got an answer to one of my concerns within hours.

I think I figured out what happened to mine and got it back down to only a $15 jump from the old shipping price, apparently adding one seven pound container jumped the shipping price by $50!

mx6inpenn, I'd suggest you send an email via the contact us link on their website explaining this issue. So far it seems Kelly responds very quickly to messages. I got an answer to one of my concerns within hours.

I will do exactly that if it continues to show thst way. I plan on ordering in a couple weeks, so can wait a bit to see if it's a bug that gets worked out.

I think I figured out what happened to mine and got it back down to only a $15 jump from the old shipping price, apparently adding one seven pound container jumped the shipping price by $50!

Do you know which item? Maybe its a problem with just one particular one? I know previously I made sure I did increments of 4 for the 7 lb containers and did that again, but not the same results! I had coconut 76, olive refined, rice bran, avocado cosmetic, castor, safflower, macadamia and hemp unrefined.

I've never ordered from Soaper's Choice and had only looked at their old website once or twice while doing some cost comparisons. After originally seeing this thread, I checked out the new website and was immediately put off by the requirement to register before being able to see prices. I can certainly understand wanting customers to create an account (though sometimes that irks me as well, especially if it's a site I'm not likely to shop at again) but don't put up barriers to people browsing as that is unlikely to win customers.

DeeAnna, kudos to you for sending feedback to them and SC gets credit for responding and listening. Since I am in need of castor oil and a couple other things, I will definitely check them out now as a potential supplier.

Do you know which item? Maybe its a problem with just one particular one? I know previously I made sure I did increments of 4 for the 7 lb containers and did that again, but not the same results! I had coconut 76, olive refined, rice bran, avocado cosmetic, castor, safflower, macadamia and hemp unrefined.

it was my castor oil, I'll just order the big ticket items from them and the castor oil from someone else with one of my other orders, I'm not so far down on castor that its horribly important right now this second, but I'm almost out of, and more importantly about to run into the end use by date of the coconut OO and lard

gotta make some things to use up the last of that

Mine was $8.65 on this Sweet Almond oil 7 lbs from 2 days ago.

1 91007SC ALMOND SWEET Plastic Bottle (7LB) Product's page $23.31 0 0 1 $23.31
RE-ORDER
Sub-Total: $23.31
Discount: $0.00
Shipping: $8.65
Payment method additional fee: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $31.96

And this Apricot Kernel oil same - $8.67 shipping

1 91307SC APRICOT KERNEL OIL Plastic Bottle (7LB) Product's page $28.98 0 0 1 $28.98
RE-ORDER
Sub-Total: $28.98
Discount: $0.00
Shipping: $8.67
Payment method additional fee: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $37.65

Just so I am comparing apples to apples, I specifically tried the $23.31 almond oil and the $28.98 bottle of AKO. Both quote me $12.64 shipping, which again, if you're in Miami, I do not understand at all. Oddly enough, a city 5 miles away from me is only $9.73. I may have to move my UPS box to that city, now I'm gonna have to check all my suppliers' shipping to that zip code, grrr. But I still don't understand why my shipping is so much higher than yours, if you're in Miami.

I only order a couple of products from SC and never order more than gallons. I noticed shipping to me for a gallon went up $1.64, to So Cal. If they doubled shipping I would call them before putting in an order, especially with this being a new website with possible bugs

I will have to, because prior to the new site, a 7lb bottle cost me $7.51 in shipping, now to my zip it's $12.64 and to the next city it's $9.73 which is more than it went up to go clear across the country?

Mine seems good. I put in a test order of 17 lbs and it says my shipping is $9.73.

You're about 100 miles closer to them than I am, hmmmm....wonder if there's a rate line between me and the next city. That's the same rate it gets charged LOL.

I worked my way through all the of 7lb containers with the same shipping for each of them :cry: Ugh, nevermind moving my UPS box, apparently the only mailboxes in that city for rent are at the post office. I wonder if I could have SC ship straight to the UPS hub there for me to pick up :confused:

This is just bizarre (I know you all probably think I'm crazy now LOL). I downloaded the zone and rate charts for SC's zip code...I am in zone 5 from them, redhead is zone 6, Carolyn is zone 7, and dixie is zone 4. (And my next city is also zone 5, so the rate should be the same to either zip code) I guess I'll send SC an email now, even though I'm not ready to order.

Back