Summer 2015 'Beach Read' Bonanza

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mother always used to say that once I learned to talk I didn't shut up until I learned to read, and then she couldn't get my nose out of a book. I will read just about anything if it looks interesting but I tend towards fiction. I was a fan of fantasy before it was cool (I was in 6th grade when I read Bram Stoker's Dracula) but lately I'm feeling that the whole fairies/witches/vampires/werewolves thing is being done to excess.

I've actually run across some pretty decent stuff through the freebies on Bookbub. I've also hit some real duds. I used to have this thing where I had to finish it once I started, but life is too short to read bad books.:smile:

I've recently finished the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning--I am in love with her writng style. I just downloaded a free collection of books by Mary Shelley (of Frankenstein fame) to my Kindle. I started The Bonfire of the Vanities but I'm not sure I'll stick with it. A Prayer for Owen Meany is on my bedstand, although now I can't remember who recommended it--or why. And I'm reading some soap making book from 1902 that I found because DeeAnna linked it in a comment on a website that someone referenced in a thread here. LOL

A few of my lastest reads are the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Midnight Breed series, Tarien Soul series and being the geek I am, the EDA books of Doctor Who. I tried to read the Anita Blake series but got bored somewhere in the 8th or 9th book. My brain melted and dribbled out of my ears halfway through the second book of ice and fire series. I'd like to try it again but am way to busy for such an involved read. one day. maybe

Okay, I've downloaded the first four Outlander books for my kindle tonight. I'm starting into my very busy time of year (now through Christmas) and I'm going to be tired a lot and will often feel overwhelmed with the press of work and deadlines. I need an escape from reality as a reward, and I think I've found it. You guys are enablers ... enablers, I say! And I thank you for it! :)

Latest posts

Back