You know you're a crazy soap person when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh no! that's sad. hope you weren't in the middle of mixing soap batter.....

When you take time out of your day to meet with a wood worker so he can make a soap mold to your exact specifications. Yep.....I like the size of soap my old mold made, so I had to stick to it......

You do hot process because you can't wait for the cure to try it out. You have "samples" in the kitchen & bathroom sinks AND the showers. You've only been doing this for six weeks, have already spent more than a house payment on your supplies and are looking at drying racks right now... I can't believe it's only been six weeks. Seriously!?

...my beloved stepson stops by as much to raid my soap stash as he does to visit with his Dad and me. :)

I can't count how many bars of soap are in the shower because some of them are old, others are sample size, and a few of them are from other soapers. Also, I forget which bar was which once they get small.

You are too lazy to put on clothes/go to the grocery store and buy stuff for dinner and are sitting down to your bowl of Fruit Loops when you remember you mean to make cucumber soap in the morning and realize you are out of cucumber. And then when you get to the store, everything you see makes you wonder how it would work in soap. Has anyone tried cream cheese in soap? JK, kind of.

Last edited:
When your Facebook friends start asking "is that edible or is that soap?" when you post a picture of your latest soap creation.

I actually took some small samples to a client's office the other day and one of the girls actually ATE one - even though I had clearly offered them to her as soap! :shock::shock::shock: She said it was horrible. Well, duh, it was SOAP!

You know you're a crazy soap person when...

... a good friend offers you a sack of frozen beef fat and you are so overjoyed at the prospect of finally being able to soap with tallow that you give her a hug and do a happy dance. :)

Latest posts

Back