You know there's a sale today at WSP, right?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order was placed late in the day PST time. I got notice yesterday that it was shipping.

This is my first order with WSP, I'm a soap hobbyist so the wait time was only annoying. I would order from them again. I've been on this forum for one year and have heard many positive things about WSP so I can forgive them one miscalculation regarding a response to a sale. Also, I'll give them the benefit of a doubt as I wonder if there's more behind the delay than they stated. I know their part of the country has been hit hard by flu and other seasonal illness.

When I contacted them, twice, once to inquire that my order actually made it safely through the internet because my status was still pending aft 10 days, and once to ask if I could add a couple of items. My emails were answered in less than 2 hours times, a phone call to add the extra items was answered immediately. These are things that make me they are a company that's putting forth their best effort.

(please do not take this as a sign that I disagree with those who have chosen otherwise. I'm just putting my 2 cents in)

Just checked my order again, and shipment.........is.........still.........pending!!!:cry:

BUT.....my molds from China are "out for delivery"........YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would give them a call. They should have at least processed your order by now. I received mine on Thursday the 8th. I ordered at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time

I find that with every big sale they have there is a longer delay. You would think they would bring in more help.

Here is my experience with them; I placed my order Jan. 1. I called them they said they'll ship it on Friday the 9th, then they e-mailed me that they'll ship it by early this week, I didn't receive any e-mail from them yesterday so I e-mailed them back and I mentioned that I am very disappointed that I was given incorrect dates twice. The e-mail they sent me back stated that they'll not ship it until Jan. 19th and due to the extended shipping times they are currently experiencing I can either cancel my order and go to other suppliers for my products and they are certainly appreciate my business, or I have the option to upgrade the shipping before the order goes to the warehouse, also I can pick up my order from their warehouse in Ohio.
I don’t believe that I waited 13 days so far then I still have to wait extra six days just to process my order and at the end they may delay me even more. BTW my order isn’t large; it’s only $51 I was out of some items for some batches I was supposed to have them made by mid Feb. The main reason why I placed my order with them is that I knew that they ship fast and they had sale on the items I needed.
I don't feel I like what happened, I am going to cancel this order as I was very patient with them and they were kind of rude to me that every time I am asking about my order they delay it even more. Another family member placed an order with Essential Depot Jan. 1st, they had slightly delayed his order but when he contacted them they immediately sent him the order number and the order was shipped right away. I would like to hear from you guys what do you think, do you think that they were rude to me?
I don't like to judge others wrongly but I am not happy with this experience. I am certainly going to cancel with them and place an order somewhere else but I don’t know yet where; they wasted a lot of my time.

OK, so I called WSP this morning to find out about the order I placed during the sale on 12/30, which is still pending. Spoke to a very nice young woman who told me that they're doing their best, everybody has been working so hard, they received over 3000 orders that day, and she was so sweet an apologetic. Crap. I was all set to be all huffy and don't you think this is an unreasonable time to make a customer wait and all that and I ended up saying I'm sure everyone is trying their best and OK I'll keep waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She couldn't even give me an estimate of when I could expect to receive the order. So I said, Well.....since the order hasn't shipped yet, could I add something to it, thinking I could add a pound of Nag Champa that I originally wanted to order that day, but they were out of it, so I ended up ordering stuff that I really didn't need, but only wanted, and now of course they have the Nag Champa in stock and there's my order, still in the warehouse, so can I add that Nat Champa to it, huh? No can do she said, smiling sweetly.

3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e.gif

How timely this all is. I didn't place my order until that evening and had just given them a call. The rep I spoke with said my order would be out today or tomorrow at the latest. She apologize profusely and said the warehouse has been working 11 hour days through the weekend. She mentioned that the sale had an unprecedented response. She sounded pleasant but tired. The person she asked about my order sounded exhausted (though attempting to be cheerful). I felt a bit bad for them all.

Personally, I blame all of you for making me wait. If only you all hadn't bought them out of the oils and butters that I wanted... If only you all hadn't encouraged my soaping addiction with your pretty pictures and good advice... If only you all hadn't placed your orders before I did.... Next time leave the sale items to me! My precious, precious FOs. :twisted:

As it stands, I'll take them at their word that they were inundated and trying their best to get caught up.

My motto I try to remember: bring in the love and push out the jive. Unless it's poor packaging of SLSA... that's unforgivable.

I usually really love WSP and don't have these type of issues so I am trying to keep that in mind but I admit when I placed a few orders last week I couldn't bring myself to use them after the issues you all have had.

BTW- my order to Daystar I placed on Friday afternoon shipped out yesterday at 10am. Stacey is on it!

Wholesale Supplies delayed shipping

During the sale there was a notice on their site to expect shipping delays due to the sale.
I placed an order before the sale and one during the sale. I knew that they were off for the holidays but I still haven't received the first order I made long before the sale, so I'm assuming that they are not only backed up because of the sale, but also because of all those orders that came in during their Christmas break.
I ordered a few things from BeScented.com and got them in a few days, same with another supplier I found on Etsy who lives right here in the Rogue Valley. With the local supplier I got my order in 2 days! So if you need something quickly you might want to check some of the newer, smaller companies and maybe those closer to home.

I also ordered during the sale and it was shipped yesterday. UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow. I knew it would take a while, so I'm not frustrated about it. It always takes at least 2 weeks when I order from them.

I was so busy over the holidays I missed the sale at WSP. I was really bummed about until I started reading about all the problems you guys are having. Now I'm really thankful I avoided the aggravation! Next end of the year sale I'll probably skip unless it's such a big savings and I have plenty of time to wait. It sounds like some of you may not get your orders for close to a month. That's just not worth the headaches. It's very odd to me they didn't plan better. I bet they don't make that mistake again with all the order cancellations they've gotten. It's just frustrating on both ends, I know. :sad:

[FONT=&quot]I want to be fair with them, I thought about it the past few days, I read the rest of the comments here and [FONT=&quot]o[/FONT]n the other thread. I don’t think they wanted to be rude, I think they had extreme pressure beyond their ability to handle, I don’t know if I were in their shoes how I would deal with 3000 order at one time. I released them from the pressure of handling my order and I released myself from being anxious about it. It was not meant for me to have my batches ready by mid Feb. I see it OK now, I am not upset about it anymore. I learned [FONT=&quot]not to buy from them [FONT=&quot]around the holiday season[FONT=&quot] but[/FONT][/FONT] I have to say that they [FONT=&quot]are pricy comparing to other suppliers[FONT=&quot] unless they have very good sale.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
All I have to say is I am so glad I work right down the road from them and can pick up my orders. I was able to get mine that day. Please don't throw things at me!

I feel your pain as I experienced a delay like this with BB before and even clothes I had ordered online. I can understand the frustration but they are a small company (about 100 people, not sure of the warehouse numbers). Also, with the holidays I am sure it would be hard to get temporary workers in as they would probably have to go through an agency to do so.

All I have to say is I am so glad I work right down the road from them and can pick up my orders. I was able to get mine that day. Please don't throw things at me!

I feel your pain as I experienced a delay like this with BB before and even clothes I had ordered online. I can understand the frustration but they are a small company (about 100 people, not sure of the warehouse numbers). Also, with the holidays I am sure it would be hard to get temporary workers in as they would probably have to go through an agency to do so.

I envy you being able to get supplies without having them shipped. When I started making soap, for some reason, I actually thought I'd be able to get supplies locally. Silly me. I would be able to get coconut oil.....if I bought it in a 200 lb. drum, so that's out. It turns out that the only thing I'm able to get locally is olive oil from Costco. Shipping costs kill me. I do feel for those WSP employees. The person I spoke to was extremely nice. Hopefully, they've learned a few things from this experience.

With this order, thankfully I wasn't waiting for anything I actually needed. For prime craft fair season, I always try to get everything I need way ahead of time. I've learned my lesson in past years!

Latest posts

Back