Anyone going to Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdaniels8811

Reaction score
I am thinking of going to the Handcrafted Soap and Cosmetic Guild in Indianapolis, Indiana in April. Is anyone going? I am in sticker shock at the hotel room rated, $160 a night is really pricey for me so will be looking for lower cost options. The seminars sound great and I am looking forward to a complete saturation in soaping. Anyone else?

I went last year, and got a lot out of it. So I'm considering this year... but I have to admit that the location doesn't thrill me, especially since I was thinking of making it a family vacation (I'm from Chicago, and wish it were there instead!). But I'll look into it.

As for the hotel, maybe you could find someone to bunk with to cut the price?

I am going and I have a room with 2 beds. So if you are looking for a roommate please email me! I cannot believe they do not have some sort of room match these things are so expensive!

I am thinking about going this year. I have never been to one before and it would be nice to meet some friends who would understand what I am talking about when I talk soap. LOL Maybe, we could plan something to get to meet one another. It is a far drive for me from PA (9 1/2 hours) so I would be flying out of Philly. Does anyone know if you would need to bring any tools if your interested in participating in the Cold Process Soapmaking Intensive Class. Since I am flying, I hope not.

We signed up last night and I am excited!! We decided to stay in the hotel as the wonderfully supportive hubby is going, too. There will be so much to learn. Cannot wait!!

I'm jealous. I would like to make the trip but having just moved it just isn't in the budget right now. Hoping it will be a bit closer next year. ( last year would have been perfect - if I hadn't been in Connecticut. )

Have a great time guys!

I am booked!

I am all booked and going. I can't wait. I decided to drive. A ten hour trip but I am stopping in Pittsburgh for a night each way and I bringing my mom.

Is anyone going to take the certification test? I am taking the class and then going to take the test. Tests always ramp up my anxiety. :think:

It would be great to have a meet n' greet for forum folks. I'm registered for Cathie's soapmaking class so I will be there a day early. Maybe I can make a sign on a table so we can eat together.

Clairissa - planning on taking the MP basic test. Don't know yet about CP - I'm a math idiot.

Back