need dog soap recipe,

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anne, this looks nicer than the shampoo I use on myself, hopefully it will reconcile Fred to his monthly bath :) Do you think it would be OK if I left out the neem? I HATE the way it smells. Thanks for posting this.
I know people hate the smell of neem but I gotta tell you, I kinda like it. However, I used karanja oil, it has the qualities of neem without the really strong scent. I don't see why you couldn't leave it out, however, it is such a healing, soothing oil, what do you propose to replace it with?

My niece has always had those hard bumps on the back of her arms, I forget what the condition is called, but since she started to use this soap, they've gone away. Just an anecdote, I know, but hey, it's worth a try!
http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I don't know what I would replace it with, that is the thing. And in truth, I have never use it in soap, I have just encountered it in gardening products, but the smell always produced an instantaneous and terrible reaction, it really did make me feel sick. Is it different in its "true" oil form? This is ironic b/c my folks are Indian and it is used a lot there.

Ok, I am going to order a small amount. Freddie's fur usually has a little bit of burnt smell (vet says that it is normal), I love it b/c it is him, but I don't think the neem will change things than much based on what you said. I just don't want to put anything on him that makes him not smell like him, I nuzzle him as much as he will allow. Yes, I am a crazy dog lady.

Neem dissapears the smell of neem oil in time of curing. I am kind of getting upset in this thread. So many posts why we should not use essential oils on animals.........still same thing.
I do not want to offense anyone, but after over 30 years of breeding, judging dogs, I had acquired a lot of expierence. CP Soap is not good for animals!!!!
Someone mentioned about putting some oil after bath; yes olive oil is good rub some in your palms and put with few strokes this on dog skin. Not enough to lick and enough to give some balance to the fur.
With adults, I used advantage, the problem was when we had puppies, you can not wash them safely the best for the first 3 months or so. They are too small to use any chemicals on them. :(
I am like not_ally dog crazy woman :))

Last edited:
Well, I know many, many people who use mild soap on their dogs and have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I see nothing to get upset about. Study, learn, and do no harm first - but washing a dog isn't rocket science. Tea tree oil should be avoided, yes, but the small amount of scent used in a wash off product isn't going to hurt the dog at all. You're ok with an insecticide though. Hmmmm. Sorry, but I think your thinking on the matter is backwards. The soaps we are proposing are far less harmful than the potent Advantage you are ok with.

Well, I know many, many people who use mild soap on their dogs and have absolutely no issues whatsoever. I see nothing to get upset about. Study, learn, and do no harm first - but washing a dog isn't rocket science. Tea tree oil should be avoided, yes, but the small amount of scent used in a wash off product isn't going to hurt the dog at all. You're ok with an insecticide though. Hmmmm. Sorry, but I think your thinking on the matter is backwards. The soaps we are proposing are far less harmful than the potent Advantage you are ok with.
I was not ok with advantage but my family, all of them have allergies and strong reaction to any insects. I could not breed the dogs if they had fleas. They were in house not outside, German boxers :))
I am too serious to sell pure breed puppies for hundreds with addition to flea:))
I respect you Ann but Cp soap NO .

I have a dog soap I make and is one of my best sellers I researched the ingredients and safe for dogs skin and coat I use tomato juice and tomato that I purée I use it on my dog lathers really nice no eos no fragrance red palm gives it the beautiful colour
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1432638311.550040.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1432638334.103070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back