Soap 3lb Loafs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't sound right. My 5 lb log gives me 14 1 1/4" bars with a small end cut. My 3 lb gives me about 8 bars.

I almost always get a "bakers dozen" out of this wooden mold I bought off EBay. It was sold as a 3lb mold. And I cut them at 1 1/4" thick. I will have to post the dimensions when I get home.

I know molds can vary in heights and width but they are still holding approximately 5 lbs if they are 5 lb loaves so the number of bars would be close just depending on how thick you are cutting them. My 5 lb mold is 2 3/4 high x 3 3/8 wide and 16 3/4 long that I get 14 - 1 1/4 inch bars from. Maybe I'm wrong in my thought process. Mine was very close to Lindys so that's why I questioned the size mold.

I know molds can vary in heights and width but they are still holding approximately 5 lbs if they are 5 lb loaves so the number of bars would be close just depending on how thick you are cutting them. My 5 lb mold is 2 3/4 high x 3 3/8 wide and 16 3/4 long that I get 14 - 1 1/4 inch bars from. Maybe I'm wrong in my thought process. Mine was very close to Lindys so that's why I questioned the size mold.

When I get home from work today I will measure the inside of this loaf mold. You all are sounding right and my 3 lb mold is not sounding like a 3 lb mold. haha

Shunt, that is the dimensions on the inside of your mold, right?

Thanks everyone.

Kathie

Shunt,

This is the dimensions of my "3lb" soap mold: 2 1/2" deep, 16" long and 2 1/2" wide.

I can cut 13 1 1/4" thick bars from this mold.

So......what size mold do I REALLY have? hahaha

Latest posts

Back