From the store Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
Looking at the label of bottle foot soak (If causes rash, itching, Ect) or (hart attack, Swelling of the brain, Kidney failure, Ect):lol: Just kidding
Is there any warnings that should be put on home made soap?

your ingredients list is a great start. those who have certain allergies to nut oil or other additives you may include are able to make a conscious choice. it is good as well to know EO's that may have adverse effects on ppl with certain ailments and carry special care to pregnant and lactating mothers.

Just list everything you use. You don't have to, if it is real CP, but it makes so much sense. You will never figure out what every person in the world is allergic to, but really, that is something for them to to do. And if you are explicit about your ingredients you have pretty much done your best.

I put the following warning in small italics at the bottom of the name labels for all my products.

"The safety of this product has not been determined."

These warnings go on the ingredient label.
"Do not ingest. Keep out of the reach of small children and pets."

Ya I live in the USA. Just curious about it and I'm a long way from selling, if I ever do. Thanks for the come back

I put my soaps in plastic ziploc sandwich bags with a label that says "this soap was made with the following oils/fats:" then I list them. When I started adding EO/FO, I added those after my base oils. Now I'm putting "XYZ used as colorants." I do not sell my soaps. I give them away to friends and family so they can (1) not have to buy soap anymore and (2) test them out for me and tell me what works and what doesn't. If someone is allergic to nuts, they can just toss the almond oil soap out without ever coming in contact with it because it is labeled on the bag.

Latest posts

Back