What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok then - I shall patent it as 'The T Rex swirl'. Have you tried that one before @jcandleattic?

All you need is a T Rex stamp facing in from the other side. :)
It’s a pretty soap and I can also imagine what you were planning.

OMG I’m out of lye...

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG I’m out of lye...
I know the panic..

I rebatched my Challenge soap last night and decided I still wanted it to be interesting. The soap is still a bit too soft to bevel so excuse the rough edges but... Here is the cut and the embellishments.

ponw.jpg potw2.jpg

I spent a good chunk of the day chasing Lard. The highway to Walmart is under construction and almost 30 miles away, even longer with the detour so we went trolling a bit closer to home and couldnt find it anywhere. Finally wound up driving 23 miles and found a small grocery store that had it

Soap making? I wish. I have to go clean up the hail damage done to my garden. I could not face it yesterday but gotta do it. Make something wonderful and think of me pruning back broken branches and cutting down suffering flowers. :sadgoodbye:

Soap making? I wish. I have to go clean up the hail damage done to my garden. I could not face it yesterday but gotta do it. Make something wonderful and think of me pruning back broken branches and cutting down suffering flowers. :sadgoodbye:
Oh, sorry to hear that. :(

Noooooo! The horror of it all!
Re-stocked and ready to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just poured my first double milk recipe: Coconut Milk and Goats Milk. I made it white which meant there was a fine line of when to add the milks so they didnt caramelize but so far so good. Having never used Coconut milk before, I just made a small test batch.

dmilk.jpg

I checked on my curing soaps and some are "sweating" oil. I used a hardening liquid I concocted and those are the only ones affected. So now I need to investigate but I did read this is not so uncommon and that the soap should reabsorb the oil.

Back