What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I slept in yesterday because I stayed up late making deodorant & clearing off the D.R. table until I could barely stay awake anymore. Even after I went to bed I was sorely tempted to get back up and do more to diminish my list, but forced myself to get much needed sleep. Then last night I had no trouble getting to sleep, but didn't get as much done as I wanted yesterday. So today I rushed around for about 2 hours finishing up before showering for family visit. Had a great time playing with the baby that is not a baby anymore. He's a toddler now and quite talkative once he gets past his initial shyness. Then we went out to eat and visit MIL, who adores having her great nephew visit.

My soap things yesterday & today:

✓ cut up empty boxes & placed in recycling bin
✓ packaged & mailed 5 boxes of soap to family
✓ sort through more soaping containers; consolidate containers; toss what I don't want/need
✓ emptied 3 more drawers in future soap room (renovation date to be determined, but getting ready)
✓ emptied a bin in laundry room - may use for temporary soap supply storage (until renovation complete)
✓ entered invoices into Soap Builder
✓ cleared DR table of soaping supplies
✓ put soaping supplies into the 3 drawers I emptied
✓ reduced soap inventory nicely, however, I still have a few dozen to shrink wrap & label

Also I somehow forgot to include a few bars of soap I specifically made for one brother when I packaged his box & mailed it. Probably because these ones had not been labeled yet, and I was collecting from the boxed soaps already labeled.

I have a lot more I'd like to get done before I leave Friday morning, but for now I won't list them; I just plan to rest for a few hours and then prioritize a reasonably attainable list.

I slept in yesterday because I stayed up late making deodorant & clearing off the D.R. table until I could barely stay awake anymore.

I have a lot more I'd like to get done before I leave Friday morning, but for now I won't list them; I just plan to rest for a few hours and then prioritize a reasonably attainable list.
I have to say Earlene you are a whirlwind. Where do you buy your batteries? You are like the little bunny going and going.
:nodding:

IMG_2458.jpg
I made a log yesterday and this morning I cut and stamped it. No name - I hate naming because I never have an actual plan.
Oils used in alphabetical order: Avocado, babassu, castor, cocoa butter, coconut 76, RBO, HO sunflower. Put some honey, goat milk and colloidal oats in, and scented with eos.
I now have about 10 batches waiting for me to wrap and label.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 40106 I made a log yesterday and this morning I cut and stamped it. No name - I hate naming because I never have an actual plan.
Oils used in alphabetical order: Avocado, babassu, castor, cocoa butter, coconut 76, RBO, HO sunflower. Put some honey, goat milk and colloidal oats in, and scented with eos.

Those are beautiful soaps TAS! Are those seeds on the top? Very cool and different.

One of my drop in the mold color didn't turn out the way I wanted. I was hoping it would have gone all the way to the bottom to look like a stripe when I cut it, :( Only went down 1/2 way. Guess I will NOT be calling it candy cane :oops:

I made up my own swirl! Well, I don't know if I'll be able to patent it or anything, because I'm sure it's been done before, just that I haven't seen it. It's CPOPping at present so we'll have to wait for the reveal...
It was Gardenia FO and Sweet Orange EO Soap. I added the sweet orange to help slow it down a bit because I know the gardenia accelerates. It didn't help much, it was THICK by the time I'd finished. Gloop, gloop, gloop.

I masterbatched some lye solution (20lbs) waiting for it to cool down to put in it's container. I've weighed out some oils for a masterbatching oil session (200lb masterbatch oils) and I've done up some soaping dishes. And did it all before 10am! :) I still have to finish weighing out the rest of the oils, and then combine them for the masterbatch, but I got a good head start on them.

@KiwiMoose do tell? I thought I had done ever swirl ever, so I'll be intrigued if you have one I haven't tried!! Can't wait to see it.

I got my new molds in and set a batch with them, I will un-mold around 5 pm. I like this mold for my shampoo bars, they fit just right in the hand Each bar weighs 3 oz after curing.

Here is a shot of the bars.

Attachments

• 20190705_120054.jpg
    20190705_120054.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190705_120234.jpg
    20190705_120234.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20190705_115758.jpg
    20190705_115758.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 43
152783B0-4FD8-451F-8C5B-2FEA3674A46E.jpeg
I masterbatched some lye solution (20lbs) waiting for it to cool down to put in it's container. I've weighed out some oils for a masterbatching oil session (200lb masterbatch oils) and I've done up some soaping dishes. And did it all before 10am! :) I still have to finish weighing out the rest of the oils, and then combine them for the masterbatch, but I got a good head start on them.

@KiwiMoose do tell? I thought I had done ever swirl ever, so I'll be intrigued if you have one I haven't tried!! Can't wait to see it.
And here we have it....the doggie’s face swirl, lol.
Because my batter was so thick, it didn’t swirl :-(
Should I patent it?
152783B0-4FD8-451F-8C5B-2FEA3674A46E.jpeg

Got off work early today and decided to make up a quick batch of Christmas soap in Home Sweet Home from WSP. That's some powerful clove, lemme tell ya!! It actually performed really well. I didn't use a stick blender at all, and just whisked to emulsion and whisked in the colorants and fragrance. Excited to cut it tomorrow!!! I have some (read: MANY) soaping dishes I need to get done over the weekend.

I have the same molds and I do my salt bars in them. They are the perfect size.

I know! I was so happy with my "test" batch with it, I was testing the mold, not the shampoo. I washed my hair this morning and it feels wonderful AND I could hold the wet bar much easier!

View attachment 40131
Should I patent it?
View attachment 40131

I have found that even if the soap didn't turn out the way you tried to make it (Visually speaking), as long as it works as a soap - you have a winner. Plus you can dazzle anyone with the question, "Do you know how hard I worked to get it to lokk like this?" LOL!

View attachment 40106 I made a log yesterday and this morning I cut and stamped it. No name - I hate naming because I never have an actual plan.

Those are very elegant looking! I love them...
:)

View attachment 40131
Should I patent it?
View attachment 40131

I love them! Very unique
:dance:

Latest posts

Back