What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some buyers look for unscented soaps, which are hard to find! Except at your house.. haha

I have made some other unscented soaps on purpose and another one not on purpose, so good to know people do look for unscented. the swirl didn't turn out how I hoped it would but at least I have an idea what to try the next time

Here are the results of the batch I posted the molds for the other day, the ones I painted with micas. I do wish I had stuck to my guns and not put oatmeal in them, but I did, they're nice, but I think the micas would have stood out better without it. It's my regular goat's milk, oatmeal and honey recipe that I usually leave unscented, but this time I used Honey *L'Occitane Type* from Elements Bath & Body - my favorite honey scent. The round bee molds I'll be destashing, you can't get them out of the molds without breaking the wings of the bees off. P.S. I am no photographer. I'll stage these maybe tomorrow :) Oh, forgot to mention, the lighter ones were just taken out of the molds - the darker ones were taken out earlier today. It's amazing how much they darken.

ETA I see the glitter of the micas doesn't show. I'll definitely have to take better photos.

love the shape of the honeycomb ones though--makes me feel like I am looking at honeycomb from my hives

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited to see cut pics :)

I staged and shot my February challenge entry soaps. Also I went to bathroom after to do what people do in there and I had this weird compulsion to "display" my soap stones with the plant we keep in there lol
View attachment 36504
Now I'm gonna see if anyone else in the house notices them hahaha
Those are absolutely perfect

Tried my hand at cosmic swirl after some of the posts this week. Also trying my first cpop
Cedarwood, spearmint, bergamot and rosemary.

I staged and shot my February challenge entry soaps. Also I went to bathroom after to do what people do in there and I had this weird compulsion to "display" my soap stones with the plant we keep in there lol
View attachment 36504

OK, granted, I'm just getting back into the soaping world, but when I saw the Feb challenge I didn't think it sounded very exciting. BUT, those are works of art, my friend. If the others are anything like this I can't wait to see them all. Nice work!!! Now, I want to learn to make soap rocks too!

OK, granted, I'm just getting back into the soaping world, but when I saw the Feb challenge I didn't think it sounded very exciting. BUT, those are works of art, my friend. If the others are anything like this I can't wait to see them all. Nice work!!! Now, I want to learn to make soap rocks too!
I agree Dawni, those are amazing!!!

Tried my hand at cosmic swirl after some of the posts this week. Also trying my first cpop
Cedarwood, spearmint, bergamot and rosemary.

It's fun! I've made them before with rebatch soap. They're easy but can be pretty complex, if you want them to be.

Not done much in the way of soaping past few weeks but iv been busy making candles and designing labels for them wrapping ect. I was going to try get all the wrapping ect done before i soaped again but iv got stuff mostly organised and clutter free so im going to do the wrapping and attaching the labels when im house sitting over the weekend.

So onto my soapy thing today. Iv been over the past few days writing up an adapted version of my poppy seed soap i made about a month ago. Iv been asked about vegan soaps and because that recipe was vegan and palm free though it was as good place to start as any as that feels like a nice soap minus the sharp poppy seeds. Be interesting to see what feedback i get compared to my palm recipes. So recipe written printed off and half my soaping dishes cleaned ready to have a go at making a batch tomorrow i just need to decide on scent and colours. Thinking monkey farts and just a plain blue incase i have to work fast as will be first time using it in soap

Here are the results of the batch I posted the molds for the other day, the ones I painted with micas. I do wish I had stuck to my guns and not put oatmeal in them, but I did, they're nice, but I think the micas would have stood out better without it. It's my regular goat's milk, oatmeal and honey recipe that I usually leave unscented, but this time I used Honey *L'Occitane Type* from Elements Bath & Body - my favorite honey scent. The round bee molds I'll be destashing, you can't get them out of the molds without breaking the wings of the bees off. P.S. I am no photographer. I'll stage these maybe tomorrow :) Oh, forgot to mention, the lighter ones were just taken out of the molds - the darker ones were taken out earlier today. It's amazing how much they darken.

ETA I see the glitter of the micas doesn't show. I'll definitely have to take better photos.

They are so cute! Too bad the wings fall off. Bet they smell incredible.

View attachment 36504
They look great. Wonder if your guests will think it is an artistic display rather than soap.

I searched out and downloaded an order form template, cut oodles of my fabric wrapping strips, cut the loaf of citronella orange/walnut powder gardener's soap, dreampt ( it's a word) of a sunny day to take more pictures...a gal can dream...

Nice!!

Some buyers look for unscented soaps, which are hard to find! Except at your house.. haha
I give my "Oh no I forgot the scent" soaps to my friends with allergies. They love them.

I definitely see sparkles on those little bees. Beautiful bars.

This will be my first attempt in this forum section.
So today I beveled my solesaife bars. They are a little bit brittle so not everything went perfect.
Colored with pink clay and cacao powder.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 45
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 43
They look great. Wonder if your guests will think it is an artistic display rather than soap.
Aww what a nice thing to say, thank you :)

This will be my first attempt in this forum section.
So today I beveled my solesaife bars. They are a little bit brittle so not everything went perfect.
Colored with pink clay and cacao powder.
I know how that goes lol but your soap is lovely.. And I love that you used natural colorants :)

I had a surprising inquiry today. A few weeks back I gave one my orange bars to a colleague for a bday present. This morning she said that she loves the way it makes her skin feel and asked if I sold. I replied that I didn't but that I'd be happy to supply her with bars. Maybe this weird hobby will turn into a business after all...

FLOWER POWER WHOOP made a fully vegan soap scented with lemon sherbet fo.

Also while i was waiting for my lye to cool i had a little play with a few week old soaps and made a few stone soaps iv tried reading the rules but my heads mashed so would someone be able to tell me if i can still enter the months comp? i never put my name down because i was having a soaping related crisis

Attachments

• 20190220_231627.jpg
    20190220_231627.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
FLOWER POWER WHOOP made a fully vegan soap scented with lemon sherbet fo.

Also while i was waiting for my lye to cool i had a little play with a few week old soaps and made a few stone soaps iv tried reading the rules but my heads mashed so would someone be able to tell me if i can still enter the months comp? i never put my name down because i was having a soaping related crisis

Yes, Chris_S, go to the first page of the Challenge thread and when you read the rules (2nd post) you will see you can enter right up until the Entry Thread closes. So make sure you read that to verify you understand it, then go to the last page that lists the sign-ups (currently that is page 8, but it could change, so check all pages after 8 to be sure), copy & paste it, then add your name at the bottom so you can enter the Challenge.

Yes, Chris_S, go to the first page of the Challenge thread and when you read the rules (2nd post) you will see you can enter right up until the Entry Thread closes. So make sure you read that to verify you understand it, then go to the last page that lists the sign-ups, copy & paste it, then add your name at the bottom so you can enter the Challenge.

Thank you ill read them tomorrow been a long day and just couldnt cope with reading and taking in the rules. its also past midnight only stayed up till now because a site i buy fo from is having a sale n want to see how much they are discounted

Decided to have a second go at vegan soap with a slightly changed recipe. Used a marine blue but not as much as i usually do and it came out an absolutly beautiful light blue colour only doing simple one colour soaps for the vegan ones because they are new recipes and fo so dont want a panicking or ruined soap because i want them to look nice saying that i am thinking of making a in the pot swirl eith the next one. Got 2 more fragrances to test in soaps for behaviour then im possibly going to put another order in mid week next week. Fragranced with monkey farts but i am trying to think of a different name but as yet its still monkey farts.

Attachments

• 20190221_233659.jpg
    20190221_233659.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back