Best way to store soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teresa

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a bunch of homemade soap and would like to know where is the best way to store it? In a cardboard box wrapped? in zipoloc bags? in a closet?
Especially in the summer don't want it to melt..
Thanks.

ATM, I use cardboard boxes lined with greasoproof paper. Its working well for me. Ventilated and dry. I say ATM though cause I'm still trying to find the best possible way to store my soap for where I live. It might change tomorrow...lol.

I have a wooden shelf where I store cut bars in the open air. They do get a little indirect light but it has not bothered them yet (as far as dos or anything). They dry out quite nicely.

I think any spot (non-metal and out of the sun) that allows them to breathe freely is best.

Baseball card corrugated cardboard boxes. I put some paper towel in the bottom so the scent doesn't transfer to the box (wax paper or freezer paper might be better still). I put a post it on the end of the box to identify fragrance and date.

I use just plain small brown paper bags...the lunch bag type. I mark on the outside of the bag what is inside, fold down the top, but keep it loose. Then I store in a wooden cabinet that is away for heat and light source. The soap can breathe reasonably well this way, I hope. I avoid plastic, and of course, metal. I don't like to wrap my soaps in plastic when giving them to folks as I don't know how long it will be encased in that plastic before they use it. I use waxed florist paper for wrapping and then if I am being really fancy, I overwrap with handmade paper. I usually just leave them in the bags until giving them away. I don't sell.....but I have alot of customers."

Latest posts

Back