parsley powder vs green tea powder for green marble color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namastecreations

Reaction score
Hey there ~I am doing a batch of green clay soap tonight and wanted to try my hand at the marbleing with another darker green in the soap ~ has anyone tried using parsley powder and/or green tea powder? Wondering what kind of results to expect?? I just wanted to use this for the swirling color ~ thanks for any advice ~ also can you just use food coloring? or does that give you green bubbles?

I saw a video where she used green tea powder it was a pretty green. More powder darker green.

thanks ~I made the batch last night ~ I tried a new recipe that was higher in shea butter than I am used too, wow did it trace fast and thick!!! I used the parsley powder because that is what I had on hand ~ the green looks really good ~ but now I am worried that I am going to have a green lather when I use it because as I was cleaning up all the equipment there was lots of green! Hopefully once it's cured that won't happen??? anyone know? ALso do certian oils trace thicker/faster than others?? I was really surprised when that happened and had to move super quick with the coloring which wasn't what I wanted be it my first time trying color!

Yes different oils/butters will trace faster.
I've never used parsley powder to color so am not sure.

Keeping a soaping notebook is a really good idea, jot your recipe down, your additives, trace times, final results etc. so you can refer back the next time you make it and that way you'll know what you'd like to change/add etc.

TheSoapyEwe said:
Yes different oils/butters will trace faster.
I've never used parsley powder to color so am not sure.

Keeping a soaping notebook is a really good idea, jot your recipe down, your additives, trace times, final results etc. so you can refer back the next time you make it and that way you'll know what you'd like to change/add etc.

Absolutely essential. Unless you have just one "tried and tested" recipe this is the only way to keep track of all the funnies that you encounter while trying out different oils, FO's, EO's and other additives.

I have used finely ground parsley but did not find that it accelerated. I suspect the Shea butter is the culprit.

I make Whipped soap and nearly died of nerves the first time I used Oakmoss EO which is actually a diluted absolute and very viscous. It made the soap go kind of frothy and fluffy and still does to this day, but it produces a beautiful soap if I beat it down and pour quickly.

The only 2 EO's that I have found to accelerate are Cinnamon and Clove, both always used in moderation anyway to prevent skin irritation.

yep yep I have a journal ~ definitly taking notes, I was thinking it was the shea too ~ because it just seamed so much thicker creamier, and that was before I even added the fo and parsley. I think I am going to have to rebatach though ~ I think I have lye pockets ~ I think because it got so think so fast and I couldn't use my mixer and I was afraid of it seizing so I poured it into the molds right away that it didn't get thoroughly mixed!

Back