Natures Garden Candles Mango and Papaya

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loveandlather

Reaction score
I recently tried a fragrance (that I absolutely adore) from Natures Garden Candles called Mango and Papaya.

I had immediate seize when using this fragrance oil. I do have a water discount in my recipe and I soaped at 98 degrees.

When using other fragrances this seems to be the optimal temperature for me and I haven't had many problems.

My best luck has been with Brambleberry FO's. I am hesitant to purchase from other retailers so I will be looking through the threads here on suggestions.

Such a bummer and such a waste.

I am currently a hobby soaper and just give away to friends and family.

I hope you have a spectacular day! Happy Soaping!

My preference for FO suppliers are companies that provide a picture of a CP piece of soap made with that FO. BB and Nurture are probably my top 2. I've liked Mad Oils a lot but they stopped selling in small quantities. WSP is probably my 3rd favorite. And I am VERY hesitant about suppliers who don't have a review feature on their website. Check reviews here (we have a chart) and also at Soap Fragrance Review Forum, if you have a paid email address.

1). Nurture Soap - local for me; phthalate free category
2). Wholesale Supplies Plus - Quick shipping; pricing great when items are on sale

Being the proud FOHO that I am, I used to order from anyone... (Don't judge, I'm a child from the 70's ;-)). Now I try to keep it simple. These 2 suppliers are close to me, provide excellent customer service and I like the quality of their EO/FO.

My preference for FO suppliers are companies that provide a picture of a CP piece of soap made with that FO. BB and Nurture are probably my top 2. I've liked Mad Oils a lot but they stopped selling in small quantities. WSP is probably my 3rd favorite. And I am VERY hesitant about suppliers who don't have a review feature on their website. Check reviews here (we have a chart) and also at Soap Fragrance Review Forum, if you have a paid email address.
Thank you so much for your input and response. I have only been soaping for about a year so any tips are greatly appreciated. I will definitely check out the thread!

Thanks! :)

1). Nurture Soap - local for me; phthalate free category
2). Wholesale Supplies Plus - Quick shipping; pricing great when items are on sale

Being the proud FOHO that I am, I used to order from anyone... (Don't judge, I'm a child from the 70's ;-)). Now I try to keep it simple. These 2 suppliers are close to me, provide excellent customer service and I like the quality of their EO/FO.
Cindy 2428

Thank you so much for your reply! I will definitely keep this information in mind! Your input is greatly appreciated. Happy soaping! :)

We've tried quite a few suppliers for FO/EO. For fragrance oils we've had great experiences with both Candlescience & SaveonScents.
Joey G

Thanks so much for your response. I have never tried these companies, I will have to check them out! Thanks! Happy soaping! :)

Wondering about Diethyl hexyl Phthalate

I have a favorite fragrance from Natures Garden Candles that is Poison Pie. I LOVE this fragrance and have used it in wax melts and never in soaps. Wondering if anyone knows what Diethyl hexyl phthalate is?

I need to do more research on Phthalates and I try to stay away from fragrance oils that contain them this is the only known fragrance oil I have that is not phthalate free. Just hate to use it in products if it is harmful. Too bad it smells so good to me!:headbanging:

Product warning info for Poison Pie: Phthalate-Free (does not contain Dibutyl Phthalate)
CA Prop 65 Reportable Ingredients: Diethyl hexyl phthalate

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/poison-pie-fragrance-oil

I have FO's that are not phthalate free - just prefer the ones that are; 1 less group of toxins than I can be exposed to, the better IMO. I won't add them to leave on products, but liquid hand soap and bar soap.... The amount of product and time of exposure is so minute that with all of the other poisons we are exposed to every day, I'm not worrying about it.

I use quite a few from Nature's Garden and they do detail how the fragrances acted when making soap as well as a picture that shows the color after soaped so you know if there is discoloration or not. Also, recipes play a big part too as well as temps etc. I've not used the fragrance you posted though.

Back