Black seed (Black Cumin) soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happyprince

Reaction score
I have just made a nice batch of black seed soap.Here is the recipe:

1000 grams Olive oil
200 grams grape seed oil
60 grams castor oil
60 grams beeswax
60 grams honey
60 grams BLACK SEED OIL

I have not used any fragrances.Because I want to smell the natural aroma of the honey&beeswax.
But the problem is with that recipe,the tracing occurs in a few minutes.Because I began mixing it when both lye water and oils were at 45 C. degrees.I think I should have made it when it was a little warmer.
I just want to learn if the Black Seed ratio is ok.
I would like to hear any other suggestions...
Thanks...

Unfortunately that oil (black, cumin) is not something we really have in the US - at least not cheap enough for soaping - so I cannot speak to that.

Without it your recipe looks manageable even at that temp - tho the beeswax might have speeded things up considerably, I've never gone over 2% with it myself.

I know it is very expensive there.Actually here one kg is around 35 USD.(Depending on the quality)Black seed oil is just a miracle of nature.It has great benefits for skin and the body.I am sure it will make an excellent soap.I can help if you really need that stuff from Turkey.No problem .)And thanks a lot for your comment...

1000 grams Olive oil
200 grams grape seed oil
60 grams castor oil
60 grams beeswax
60 grams honey
60 grams BLACK SEED OIL

I have not used any fragrances.Because I want to smell the natural aroma of the honey&beeswax.
But the problem is with that recipe,the tracing occurs in a few minutes.Because I began mixing it when both lye water and oils were at 45 C. degrees.I think I should have made it when it was a little warmer.
Thanks...
I would love to try this recipe. can you tell me how much liquid and lye you used. Thanks so much.

1000 grams Olive oil
200 grams grape seed oil
60 grams castor oil
60 grams beeswax
60 grams honey
60 grams BLACK SEED OIL

Thanks...
This sounds amazing. If my mother-in-law hears about the black seed, she would order me to learn how to make this soap of yours! Please share pics!

I would love to try this recipe. can you tell me how much liquid and lye you used. Thanks so much.
This sounds amazing. If my mother-in-law hears about the black seed, she would order me to learn how to make this soap of yours! Please share pics!
If you look at the date of this thread it is 14 yrs old and the OP hasn't been here in a long time. Please check the date at the top left hand side above the avatar and that will tell you how old it is, if it is very old like this one, the people are not usually still here. This was from when smf first started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back