Pretty upset with Brambleberry

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kizzy

Reaction score
I am sooo disappointed in Brambleberry right now. I have always used their Energy FO as it was one of my best sellers. My last order from them, I ordered 2lbs and the soap smelled completely different! I can not give this soap away. I recently found out they changed the formula. While I know that sometimes this unfortunately happens, I am really disappointed that I was not told upfront about them no longer carrying the FO I thought I was purchasing. I feel like it is a kind of "bait and switch" tactic on their part. If I had known the formula was different, I would of purchased 1oz, to see if it was to my liking, instead of spending lots of money for the cost of two pounds of it plus shipping.
I left a review on their site, and they told me, sorry...try kumquat instead, its kinda similiar. Kitten Love
Now Im on a mission. A mission to faze them out as one of my suppliers.

I think a lot of suppliers have changed forumlations on a lot of FO to make them phthalate free. Which is a good thing.

I don't like the way BB uses glass in their soap making videos but I do like their molds, their fragrances (especially for concentration - a little goes a long way) and for their soap troubleshooting pages, their tutorial pages and videos (they always give safety advice).

BeScented's Burst of Energy is really good. It's been a while since I had the BB version, but it's like I remember it, and it definitely sticks well in soap.

I know it's a pain but from what I've learned, reformulations are more of a necessary evil at times for suppliers. They could have been trying to keep that scent while staying in current regulations.

Tamera's Soaping Scents has Energique, an Energy dupe, that's spot on to the original, I think. As for BB, I don't even glance at them anymore, there are too many things about them that left a sour taste in my mouth, plus the shipping from west coast to east coast is slow and expensive.

Latest posts

Back