Water Creamation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was on the BBC World service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0511lvq

Basically they take your body, put it in a pressure chamber, and pump in a KOH solution under pressure and heat. (The pressure reduces the amount of heat needed to speed the process). Once all the fleshy bits are all dissolved (basically turned into liquid soap!) the fluid is disposed of. They remove any inorganic bits (fillings, metal joint replacements) and the bones are pulverized just like is done after fire cremation.

It was pretty fac Basically they take your body, put it in a pressure chamber, and pump in a KOH solution under pressure and heat. (The pressure reduces the amount of heat needed to speed the process). Once all the fleshy bits are all dissolved (basically turned into liquid soap!) the fluid is disposed of. They remove any inorganic bits (fillings, metal joint replacements) and the bones are pulverized just like is done after fire cremation.

This is how I want my body disposed of!

Um... Liquid soap...it rings the bell of some forbidden word regarding uncertain war crime. Or fight club soap from the dead.

Ouch! I wonder which hurts more... Some telltales said that you still got feelings after you're dead. Like those have near-dead experience claimed. :eek:

Um... Liquid soap...it rings the bell of some forbidden word regarding uncertain war crime. Or fight club soap from the dead.

Ouch! I wonder which hurts more... Some telltales said that you still got feelings after you're dead. Like those have near-dead experience claimed. :eek:

Well this is usually done after the funeral and if there has been a viewing most funeral homes require you to be embalmed, so you have likely been dead for a week or longer.

Speaking as a nurse of many years, and hospice nurse for lots of those, there is a difference in a near-death and a true death. There are several physiological tell-tales that let observant medical personnel tell the difference. I have been present for lots of both.

People do retain the senses of hearing and touch right up to the last part of the dying process. But then you know when they are gone and not coming back. After that, it takes at least a couple of hours for the nursing staff and physician to do their final paperwork. Then the body is rolled to the morgue while it waits for a funeral home to pick it up, which can be up to a couple of days.

Even when someone dies not in a hospital, there is a LOT of time between the death and any actual body disposal, so no ability to feel remains.

Back