Labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnten

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your labels printed? I,ve looked at a few places on the net and about the cheapest I,ve seen are about $ 300 per thousand.
Also, how do you list your ingredients? Do you just list them as olive oil, palm oil, etc.? I,m new at this game, so I have a lot to learn.

I print my own labels using the PrintMaster program. I list the ingredients using the INCI names, in order of percentage used. I usually put a small caution statement on the label also.

The book Soap & Cosmetic Labeling by Marie Gale contains the information you need.

If you make no claims about your soap & list no single ingredients on the label, you do not have to list. If you label the soap EX) Goat's Milk Soap, you listed 1 ingrdient so you must list them all. If you write *Moisturising* soap you have made a claim & must list all ingredients. The FDA requirs ingredients to be listed as stated above, largest% to smallest in INCI form.

Latest posts

Back