Inside of soap is sticky and soft?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony0327

Reaction score
Hello,

So I am making soap and never had this issue. The inside of my soap is sticky and kind of soft that when I touch it there leaves an indent. The outside gets hard but when I cut the inside if soft and a little sticky.

Coconut Oil - 26%
Olive Oil - 31%
Castor - 5.50%
Cocoa butter - 15.50
Shea Butter - 12%
RiceBran Oil - 10%

Thanks,
Anthony

It's only been curing now for a week. But the issue is when I cut it. I have never had the issue of it being soft or sticky.

Soap cures from the outside in. I wouldn’t worry about it too much unless you used a different additive or method than your other batches. I’ve had several batches that felt ok to cut but were sticky inside. In my experience, it all cures out in the end.

I will note, it can take up to a week for my soaps to be hard enough to unmold and another day to be firm enough to cut. If you’ve had winter weather changes between this and your last batch it could simply be environmental

^^ I was going to comment on that. Cutting a bar of soap is a great learning point for beginners though. Especially if the soap is discolored with a high vanilin based FO. You can really see the changes going on if you cut a piece each week.

Back