face masks to prevent flu

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only last 2 years did my ER make that mandatory to wear the mask and I happily did when I had patient contact. And they can not make you take Admin leave for those 2 refusal reasons, I am in one of those groups. Had to wear Mask if going into a room and within 6 feet of patients.
I no longer work at the Hospital as of last April.

My main beef with vaccines is thimerosal. which is poison, no matter how nice is being packaged.

I have 5 kids. I got the flu with 2 of my sons, and they gave me with antiobiotic that had thimerosal as a preservative. They are both autistic. Mercury does affect the nervous system.

I understand some vaccines are necessary, I am not against tem, but the amount of vaccines being pushed today is ridiculous. To me the flu vaccines are unnecessary, and I whole hardly agree with Lin.

Nobody should be forced to have them, it should be a personal choice.

I am still sitting on the fence when it comes to getting a flu shot and my doctor did not push it. Once in 1972 I thought I had the flu but it turned out to be meningitis. For years my hubby would get the flu so he now gets flu shots and I am hoping he can bypass this flu. I have never had a flu shot and really not sure I want one, since I have never had the flu. Hopefully it does not visit this year.

A friend of mine said that when he and three other people were volunteering at a hospital for 6 months two of them got flu shots and he and one other didn’t. The two that got the flu shot ended up coming down sick and those others didn’t. His theory was they aren’t good.

Personally and professionally speaking, I believe flu vaccination is wise. I base my belief on experience as well as CDC recommendations and facts about flu vaccines. (reference: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm)

Sure, sometimes someone still gets sick, but when I forego the vaccine, like I did this season, I risk what happened: I caught the flu while visiting and sharing a bedroom with my granddaughter. Even though everyone thought she was no longer contagious, I still got sick, and fought the virus for about 5 or 6 weeks. Every time I thought I was finally on the mend, I started getting sick again.

When I get the vaccine, even if I do get sick, it's usually very minor and doesn't last very long.

Now that I am almost 70, it's even more important than ever to boost my immune system whenever I can because the flu can actually be deadly to some of us.

I learned years ago I tend to be a carrrier. While I may not get sick myself, if someone is sick at work I have a good chance of bringing it home to my husband or friends and vice versa. I find it much easier to assume I’m going to get sick and update my vaccines/follow basic hygiene to avoid dealing with a man-cold at home.

Herd immunity also helps because I have clients who adhere to a “shower once a month” style of hygiene

I took the flu vaccine, and yes, now I have the flu. However, I have the body aches, low grade fever, malaise, and mild upper respiratory symptoms. I do not feel like I am dying, I do not have the horrid cough that is so prevalent with this one. I do not have the high fevers. Why? Because I got the vaccine. And now I am taking Tamiflu, and hopefully I will be able to go to work Monday, rather than 7-10 days off. Thank you, whoever invented the flu vaccine and Tamiflu!

A friend of mine said that when he and three other people were volunteering at a hospital for 6 months two of them got flu shots and he and one other didn’t. The two that got the flu shot ended up coming down sick and those others didn’t. His theory was they aren’t good.

It's so hard to make a judgement like that because on an average year there are also multiple "flu-like" viruses going around that aren't actual flu or colds. You get the same symptoms - aches, fever, etc. so you can't tell what you have unless it's tested in a lab, and I am sure not driving to the dr. for a test when I'm that sick just to quell my curiosity. In my experience those "flu-like" viruses are sometimes worse than the real flu!

Latest posts

Back