A rambling review of Brambleberry "masculine scents" sampler

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried the Cold Water today. Same scent, unchanged (but it has been in the freezer for a long time, started to turn yellow around the edges).

Nice "water" scent, blooms nicely when used, but it's a little persistent for me. Very little fading for me, and it soaped just fine. Probably not for everyone, but it's quite pleasant. Probably nicer in summer than winter, it has a "cool" feeling to it I'd not want when the bathroom was icy in the morning!

Ill resurrect this one...... How was your experience with Kentish rain in soap?? Oddly enough I was just reading my bottle that I purchased not realizing that it is NOT recommended for soap as it causes ricing. I just use it as a room scent and wasn't going to use it in soap ....unless you have had good success with it??

Ill resurrect this one...... How was your experience with Kentish rain in soap?? Oddly enough I was just reading my bottle that I purchased not realizing that it is NOT recommended for soap as it causes ricing. I just use it as a room scent and wasn't going to use it in soap ....unless you have had good success with it??
I’ve used Kentish Rain, and I don’t remember the ricing being too hard to stick blend out. It moves a little fast, so nothing too fancy, but I have been able to do simple swirls. I haven’t used that one in awhile, and it’s possible it has been reformulated since I last bought it, but it is a lovely scent.

I’ve also used Kentish Rain in CP soap and while it moved fast, I didn’t experience any ricing and the scent is fabulous. Please note that like @dibbles, I used it several years ago so it may be a different formula now.

I hot process, so ricing isn't an issue, but the samplers I made were cold process and I don't remember Kentish Rain being a problem.

I've used it a couple times since I made the samplers.

We all have different "smellers", that's for sure, but I have the feeling most suburban folks have become accustomed to very high scent levels. Don't know if it's over exposure, habit, burned out noses from air pollution, or what, but I just cannot manage many commercial scents (Fierce, for instance). I think skunk spray would be better, it doesn't last as long a Fierce does for me, I'm STILL smelling it in the back of my nose from making soap yesterday.

I'm happier with some simple FO combinations I've made myself -- F&M, sandalwood, and wisteria/lilac, or some lemon grass and gardenia I made for some Castile.

That said, Made to Measure is very nice....

Happy soaping!
It may help to clear the lingering scents in your nose if you smell coffee. I keep a small lidded glass jar of coffee beans for the occasions when am mixing scents or testing scents. Many perfume makers use coffee to clear their nose between scents.
You are both fortunate and not so fortunate n that you have a perfumers nose.

Back