Coloring soap that fragrance turns brown?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

athallr

Reaction score
Couldn't figure out how to shorten the title, lol. I have never used vanilla stabilizer and was wondering if anyone had tried coloring a soap with a fragrance oil which turns it brown and how it turned out? I'm making almond scented soap this morning but was contemplating putting in some titanium and red oxide or electric bubble gum colorant but just wasn't sure what the outcome would be.

Lol, I love that saying, embrace the brown :) and I do love brown soap but was just contemplating something different...I never remember to order the stabilizer!

Great idea :) hmm. I have cocoa powder...think that would work? It usually discolor to light tan I think.

this is one of my pet peeves actually. i really hate discoloration from FOs. I would add a dark color instead, so i don't have to see the discoloration.

some FOs, like pink sugar, is notorious for dark brown discoloration. so strong, that even it will eat the pink from the embeds that i put in the same soap. I've stopped using stabilizer, it's just another unnecessary spending.

Back