New Deodorant

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInPdx

Reaction score
Several of us on another forum have been trying something new as far as deodorant. After widespread testing, there are many of us that have discovered that plain old Milk of Magnesia is a remarkably cheap and effective deodorant!

Simply apply after bathing, let dry, and it keeps the stink away all day, even in hot weather!

I found it to be as effective as my Mitchum, and much more effective than Speed Stick on me, and :oops: I'm one of the tougher cases.

Just thought I'd share.

Mike,

If perspiration is your issue, I'm with ya bro. I was born with sweaty pits. I'm 36 now, and thought there'd never be an answer. That is, until about a year ago, when my mom bought be a bottle of Certain Dry roll on.

I'm sure, like me, you see a new deo/anti-persp. and you think whatever. I had it sitting on my dresser for like a month before I tried it. If perspiration is your issue, it's worth a try. I've tried the stuff to the left and the right of it at the store, and none of them have worked (speaking of the "clinical strength" stuff). I've also tried the Certain Dry solid, and THAT didn't work. The roll-on is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. You put it on just before bed. And, I gotta tell ya, that stuff will make your underarms itch and itch and itch for the first couple months, but it was worth having dry underarms for the 1st time in 25 or so years!! (don't remember when "manhood" started setting in).

It's worked for me and a cousin of mine, and I'm spreading the word like grass seed, man. I've had dry shirts and underarms for over a year now, and it's flippin' great!!

That is very cool info Mike .I have a medical issue in which nothing seems to work for pit problems .I am giving this a try for sure .

Thanks for posting it .

Kitn

Hi Mike, you said it keeps the stink away, does it also reduce the actual perspiration?

bconrade884 said:
Hi Mike, you said it keeps the stink away, does it also reduce the actual perspiration?

Im wondering that too...There's 'anti-perspirant' then there's 'deodorant'. The smell is (I think) bacteria reacting with the sweat,so a deodorant would deal with that,whilst an anti-perspirant somehow stops you sweating.
Hmmm,so why do we humans get sweaty armpits?Must have some function...anyone know?? :?

perspiration is just like any other type of extracting your body does...it is meant to get bad stuff out of your body. When you perspire, your body is drawing out impurities.

They say using an anti-perspirant is not good for you because of this, your body needs to be able to perspire....problem is, it tends to be gross. lol

I'm searching on how to make a natural deodorant, if anyone would care to share a nice recipe, I'd be forever grateful.

Mike, I'm so glad you posted that! Brought back a wonderfully funny memory for me!

My grandmother used to keep a blue glass bottle of MOM on her dressing table, she'd dab it into her underarms with a cotton ball every morning. She used that stuff for everything, even dabbing onto her scalp before bathing/shampooing - she swore it kept dandruff away.

Here are a couple of recipes that I use:

Recipe #1
8 oz. sweet almond oil
2 oz. besswax
2 tsp. wheat germ oil or Vit. E
1 tsp. bergamot e.o.
15 drops tea tree e.o.
30 drops geranium e.o.
1 tsp. lavender e.o.
1 oz. white clay
1 oz. baking soda

Melt together 2 oz. beeswax with 8 oz sweet almond oil. Combine essential oils and Wheat germ oil or Vit. E. ( I used Vit. E). When beeswax and sweet almond oil has cooled, add essential oil mixture and stir well. Add clay and baking soda and stir until the mixture begins to thicken. Pour into containers.

Recipe #2
Heat 1/2 cup coconut oil and 1 1/2 Tbsp. bees wax until melted. Add 1/4 cup baking soda and stir constantly as it cools. When mixture begins to thicken, add 12 drops essential oil.
Some suggestions are rosemary, white sage, lavender, lemon or thyme. Pour into twist-up deodorant container and set upright until solid.

thank you so much for the recipes!!! I've been looking everywhere for one.
I like the sound of the first, but I dont have the clay, so I will try the second for now and get myself some white clay.

I'm so excited!!! Thank you thank you!!

You are certainly welcome. I got these off the Internet, but I don't remember where or I would have posted the "credits". I think I am going to try the MOM.

Latest posts

Back