Beer Soap- Version 2.0

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I decided to try the beer soap again, this time with MUCH less blending and it traced beautifully. I used carrot powder (ground, dehydrated grated carrot) for colouring rather than cocoa, and a trio of citrus scents. I oven processed it in the mold and left it overnight. I am in love with this one-- it came out kind of translucent. A keeper!

3928599599_fd41a1b4de.jpg

I forgot to mention that I froze the beer into cubes before adding the lye to it. I didn't get that awful stench...yeay! Also, after the beer melted, the lye was under 90 F....my oils were at around 100 F so I went ahead and mixed them. I think lower temps might be key to me figuring out this cold process thing...
...that and making sure I'm not using F/O that discolour my soap. It's so disappointing to get tan/brown soap when I'm hoping for something creamy and light.

You inspire me, Juicy!
I'm so enchanted with that translucent-look, that I'm going to make beer
soap this weekend and add even more alcohol to it (Everclear).

Last time I tried beer soap, the lye made it foam so much, I threw the lye/water away and made "regular soap." LOL

This time -- I'll be prepared.

Oh I want to see your soap when you're done! I also let the beer go flat in an open jug in the fridge for a couple days- stirring it now and then to get rid of any carbonation...then froze it.

Let me know how it goes!

JuicyBath: The dehydrated carrots really do a nice job for natural coloring. The soaps look great and I bet they smell wonderful!

Nice job!

I see a lot of beer soap around, how does it affect the final soap? Why would you choose to add beer? I have also seen whiskey soap, which is intriguing...

I make a beer soap too using very dark stout real ale, the colour is fantastic, Its a real Mans soap!! I love the translucent look you have got with this one.

Latest posts

Back