How are you guys?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello!
I made my account a week or so ago and figured I might as well get a post and a hello out there! I actually just got sucked into the rabbit hole of soap making only a month ago. After converting to handmade soaps in the bathroom as well as shaving soap rather than canned stuff I figured I might investigate the process for myself. Man, oh man, am I interested in getting started. As I wait for the majority of my supplies to get going to show up on the door step, I am just going to lurk away at the forums here. I'm really excited to start up a new hobby as well as maybe saving a penny or two on toiletries along the way! I'm happy to be a part of the community!

Thanks for having me,
Jake

Hello!
I'm really excited to start up a new hobby as well as maybe saving a penny or two on toiletries along the way! I'm happy to be a part of the community!

Welcome to an addicting hobby Jake. I can't guarantee you will save a penny or two :) Wait till you get into Fragrance oils territory :twisted: But I can guarantee with the help of the great people on this forum, you will be making great soaps in no time!

Hello!
I made my account a week or so ago and figured I might as well get a post and a hello out there! I actually just got sucked into the rabbit hole of soap making only a month ago. After converting to handmade soaps in the bathroom as well as shaving soap rather than canned stuff I figured I might investigate the process for myself. Man, oh man, am I interested in getting started. Thanks for having me,
Jake

Ah, welcome! As a welcome present I shall offer just a few things you can expect in your new obsession.

1. You'll likely never go down a soap aisle again without picking up something and reviewing the ingredients.
2. Every trip to the store will lead you to the oil aisle- searching for a great sale on Olive, sunflower or other oil on sale.
3. You may find yourself sharing your wisdom of oil properties, synthetic soap ingredients and curing times. (You will get funny looks and sighs.)
4. You'll delight, much to the consternation of others, when you find HDPE, #2 or PP, #5 pourable containers.
5. You'll never look at a stickblender the same way again. (It is now your saponifying scepter.)

6. So much more....

Back