Moroccan soap / Soap beldi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any trouble using yours? Mine is so thick and sticky, its hard to get it mixed with water to work up a lather. Its a fine soap for hair or skin but I don't think I care much for the texture.

Do you have any trouble using yours? Mine is so thick and sticky, its hard to get it mixed with water to work up a lather. Its a fine soap for hair or skin but I don't think I care much for the texture.

Nope, mine isn't thick or sticky .. well, I don't think it is. Mine is the consistency of commercial body wash (maybe slightly thicker) and while it doesn't have a big, bubbly lather I get a nice, creamy lather with very little effort.

I bet mine got sticky from the shea, tho original recipe didn't have any hard oils. I generally dilute mine with just a little water to make a really thick liquid, that makes it reasonably usable. I just wish it lathered more.

Thank you for the recipe!

Pilar, I don't know if you're still on the forum, but thank you for this recipe! My husband asked me to make some but I couldn't find a simple recipe. Yours worked perfectly! I made it in a crock pot. It took about 2 hours. Maybe I should have cooked it longer, to get it darker, but it is a nice consistency and a dark brown color. I love how it feels on my skin!

Thank you for taking the time to post it!

goodjoan, Sorry! I did not see this message ...
Of course. I'm here, friend! I'm happy if you are. I am glad that my formula made you happy. Kisses from Spain.

It's even better with age! I made such a huge amount, and we use such a tiny bit per use, that I still have some left. When I made it, it was brown but not extremely dark. As it's aged, its turned a beautiful mahogany color.

This is a helpful thread. I like making liquid soap paste by cold process and saving it to dilute later. I may try that method with Pilat's formulation. Again, thanks for the information.
Carol.

Latest posts

Back